Very Close (semi-platonic) Relationship

What's a good way to show a very close (semi-platonic) relationship between two characters in a culture that does not often express emotion?

legit-writing-tips:

1. Care. Care can be shown in a variety of ways. Making food for someone, picking up something from the store you know that person likes, taking care of a chore that person is supposed to do just because.

2. Understanding. People who are very close just "get" each other, without having to explain themselves. In-jokes are common, and they are likely to know each others "trigger" points.

3. Security. People with very close relationships generally feel secure in those relationships, and (depending on their personality) may not easily be prone to feelings of jealousy.

4. Knowledge. When you've known someone for long enough and are very close to them, you pretty much know all their stories and can tell them as well as that other person can.

Those are just a few things I can think of off the top of my head. Bear in mind that every relationship is different, but that closeness is not necessarily exhibited through open, overt displays of affection, even in cultures that DO accept such displays.