Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Drake’s P.O.V.

I’d regretted it as soon as I’d done it. Not only that but I couldn’t believe I had done it. The only proof I had was the tingle I could feel across my palm, the look of surprise on Bells’ face and the hurt in her eyes. But I didn’t have time to think about an apology let alone make one before a fist was rammed into my face.

The crunching of bone could be heard before the pain started or even the blood began to flow and I knew instantly that my nose was broken. Not that it matters it will heal itself soon enough, but it still hurt.

And the punches kept coming, blow after blow. I took a few knowing that I at least deserved a couple but then pride took over and I threw myself at Dylan’s waist, rugby tackling him to the floor, throwing in a few punches of my own whilst I had him pinned there. This would make it our second fight, the first as wolves and now one as humans. I had the advantage as a wolf, being Alpha automatically makes me larger than others, especially since my wolf was fully grown by the age of seventeen. However, being human is a different story. I’m not a small guy at all, but Dylan is huge and he is also older giving him the edge of extra years of experience, if I didn’t hate him so much I’d be scared of him for sure.

Dylan flips us over with as much effort as it would take him to flip a pancake and I’m pinned to the floor once again being pummelled.  This from a distance would look like any ordinary fight, however by the look on some people’s faces above me they can hear the growling emanating from the both of us and Dylan’s shaking shows were close to having a very big problem.

I can hear Bells voice above the crowd. “Dylan please stop. Drake? Come on guys, please.” She’s crying and she sounds so scared. Dylan tenses and I can see the worry in his eyes, he is torn between going to her and beating me up.

Trey finally comes to my rescue but doesn’t look me in the eye. “Dylan, come on dude, get up. This isn’t making things any better and I don’t want to have to force you.”

Dylan scoffs at him and focuses back on me, “Bring it on. I’m so angry I could take you all right now.” He growls and throws another punch into my gut. Trey just stands there facing the door we had just arrived from, so much for the help. I grunt at the impact and throw one of my own connecting with his left cheek. His eyes darken and he lifts his arm to retaliate.

The sounds around us change where there was once the hum of excited people there is now the thud of feet all around us. He looks up and his expression changes, dropping his arm he leans down close to my ear.

“Touch her again and you will not be so lucky next time and that is a promise as well as a threat.” He growls so only I can hear then clambers too his feet quickly, purposely standing on my leg, which makes me cry out in pain.

Lucky, what the hell is he talking about? I just got my arse handed too me, where is the luck in that? I roll onto my side and look up through one eye; my other is swollen and refuses to open. I now understand the reason why there was a sudden change in Dylan’s behaviour. There have been some new additions to the party, where there was once a crowd of humans we now have a crowd of shifters and they have us surrounded.

Isabelle’s P.O.V

I clasped my hand to my cheek and just stood staring as my eyes watered. That really hurt. As soon as he had hit my Elle was by my side pulling me into a hug and cursing Drake.