Chapter 32

Isabelle’s P.O.V.

Shitshitshitshitshit, is basically as much as my brain can come up with at the moment. They are slowly, very slowly, moving towards me, I guess they like to do things for dramatic effect, either that or I’m having a movie moment where the world slows down. The fact that I am locked on the inside of a cage and they on the outside doesn’t seem to be bothering them as of yet so I figure it isn’t going to be a problem for them, making my only line of defence basically useless. So I do the only thing I can think of doing, I transform.

The usual blackness covers my eyes and the subtle pain masked by a pleasant warmth surges through my body as bits change, a tail sprouts and hair grows. It doesn’t sound like a pleasant process but really it isn’t that bad. One second you are on two legs and the next four.

With my body I force Elle into the furthest corner away from the direction that the twins are advancing, I know she wont be purposely harmed, the Beta said as much, but I cant grantee she wont be caught in the cross fire. She’s crying none to silently but now is not the time for reassurance, I can’t even make myself feel better right now, basically I’m going to die, I have never been an optimist. All this seems like it may have taken minuets but in reality only a few seconds had passed since the Beta bid farewell.

Pulling in a lung full of air I look up to the ceiling and let rip a rather loud howl, the twins pause for a moment exchanging glances but I know I’ll get the desired effect.

“What’s wrong!” The response is immediate and if I could I’d smile, but now is so not the time.

“The twins have been ordered to kill me and I’m stuck in a cage and they are working on getting through the fencing and I don’t know what to do.” The panic I’m feeling transfers through the link and my speech came out more like: “Thetwinshavebeenorderedtokillmeandi’mstuckinacageandtheyareworkingongettingthroughthefencingandidon’tknowwhattodo.” One big rushed out sentence but Dylan understands perfectly and his own howl can be heard from further in the church, it would seem that he was responding to my howl from earlier not sending out a kind of war cry, once again the twins exchange eye contact and pick up speed on getting through the cage door. It makes me wonder why the Beta hadn’t unlocked it before he left and perversely I find this funny.

“Shit!” Yeah my point exactly “Just remember what I taught you, you can take them.” He doesn’t seem to sure about that.

“Are you insane it’s two against one! What you taught me? You want me to hide in a cage?”

“What? No, I want you to fight. If you don’t put up a fight you’ll be dead and I will not be far behind.”

“No pressure then!”

“Just concentrate!”

“Stop yelling at me then!”

I block him out completely, whatever happens I don’t want him to feel what I’m about to go through, and fully focus on the two threats in front of me who had just barged down the door to my little safe place, the first one pads through the gap in the fence and I lunge aiming for the throat.

 Dylan’s P.O.V.

Thoughts and plans fly through around my head but I’m in too much of a state to lock onto any of them. What do I do? What do I do?

I’m a Beta, I have been trained to deal with situations calmly and efficiently, I’m not supposed to freak out, but that’s one thing they don’t train you for, your mate being murdered, and why’s that? Oh yeah, because you are meant to look after them, protect them and not let this kind of crap happen. I shouldn’t have let her come, this is my fault and because of my carelessness she is going to die and I’m not living in a world without her. It sounds like sentimental crap, I know that but that is the way the mating process works, we don’t want to live after our partner is gone and I have first hand experience of that fact.

I turn to the wolves around me, they had all transformed the moment I howled a cry of war.

“What can we do?” Drake is trying to be a good Alpha, trying to get us to think and to plan but he’s acting as bad as I am, neither of us are any use right now. The sound of crashing metal makes me involuntarily whimper as all kinds of scenarios rush through my head, each one ending in me finding the lifeless body of the one I love.

“She’s blocked me out of her head.” I growl at them.

“Well every moment we just stand here listening she could be getting seconds closer to death.” I growl at Eric’s statement. “Sorry but it’s true and you know it. Two males against one newly turned female, you do the maths.” Resigned I pace the length of the cage again.

“So the twins had a key?” Dom questions.

“No she said that they were working on getting in.” This is the third time I have repeated this and I’m getting very impatient.

“You idiots! This isn’t rocket science” He shouts he sighs at the vacant expressions on our faces. “They are doing it by force, if the two of them can brake through then five of us shouldn’t have a problem.” He runs at the fencing throwing himself full force into the chain link prison wall and one by one after glancing at each other showing how doubtful we all are we reluctantly join him. A bad plan is better than no plan right?

 Isabelle’s P.O.V.

This fight wasn’t by any means evenly matched, I had gotten a few decent attacks of my own in but these two just aren’t slowing down whereas I’m absolutely knackered and my muscles are all complaining, screaming for me to just lie down, if I get out of this alive I will exercise more and that’s a promise. Since fighting really isn’t my strong point I stay on defence, dodging and diving getting in a kick or a bite wherever possible. It isn’t the best tactic and it isn’t getting me very far but if I was to go on all out attack mode I would loose my concentration and focus and would be basically on a suicide mission. The two of them have me backed into a corner which maybe wasn’t the best idea on my part but at least they can’t sneak up on my from behind. They are ferocious looking; this is a side of the twins I wouldn’t have thought possible, they have lips pulled back, teeth bared and a constant growl escaping from their throats. The saliva that escapes from their mouths and is thrown all over the place when they bark threateningly has me cringing a little but I push that thought to the back of my mind as it is irrelevant. I can’t help but wonder why they are doing this together I’m sure it would only take one of them to finish me off, but I bet they have never done anything separately.

I really can’t keep going much longer and they know it. I mean they were with me when I complained about running long distances and sometimes watched me train, I have no stamina and it’s a well known fact.

One springs at me from the left and to avoid the full force of the contact I am forced into the other on the right who gets a painful grip on my shoulder tearing away the flesh, they are playing with me, they could make my death quick and painless but they would rather torture me first. A pained howl fills the room and it takes me a moment to figure out that it is coming from me. Falling to the floor I make eye contact with Elle who is sobbing, the tear tracks running down her face and staining her t-shirt. With one last sigh I close my eyes and give into the inevitable, two against one; I never stood a chance anyway, at least I know I went down fighting.

Jaws lock around my throat and a heavy weight on my side pins me to the floor where I lie in a pool of my own warm blood that is still spilling out of the gash on my shoulder, the jaw closes getting tighter and tighter, taking in a large breath I prepare for the moment when my air way is cut off, stars explode behind my eyelids as my lungs scream for the air that is blocked from them and my body jerks in protest. Then there is just a blissful nothing as unconscious takes a hold and I welcome it, falling into its embrace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slightly quicker with the uploading this time, but i'm going away again tomorrow till the weeked so i thought i'd upload now rather than wait till i get back. I need to get a move on with these chapters, this particular scene as already spread over two... ooops. Thanks for all the comments, votes and fanning. It means a lot. Tell me what you think!! :)