Chapter 31

Isabelle’s P.O.V.

“Hey look, we have a new one.” It had been like this for at least an hour now, the guys that stay in this room have apparently been away for the last few days so didn’t know about the new additions they had acquired. I feel very much like a zoo exhibit as they crowd around the cage to get a better look at me.

“She’s mated, I wonder if she’s with any of the guys in the main room.” The way they talk is like I am not even stood here. Granted we can’t communicate but I can still understand what they are saying.

“Of course she is idiot, why else would a pack of males be travelling on a rescue mission with a female, her mate wouldn’t have just let her walk around with a bunch of males. I know I wouldn’t.” So they know about the rescue mission.

“And how would you know? None of us are mated. You wouldn’t have a clue how a guy treats his mate.” I can’t help but roll me eyes, they are constantly bickering about something or other. Elle is sat calmly chatting to one of the guys, I cant help but notice that he is cute but it feels almost surreal to see her just talking to her kidnappers like they are old fiends, personally I think it’s a sign that she has seriously been here too long and for what must be the thousandth time I pray that Dylan hurries up and gets us out of here.

One of the guys sits down in front of the cage, his eyes focused on me so intensely it’s like they may pop out of his head at any moment. I hoist myself up form my lying position and sit to face him, lolling my head to one side I stare back. I bark happily when he blinks before me and he jumps back in shock, I guess he didn’t want a staring contest then. I chuckle along with the rest of the guys at the look on his face.

“Are they rogues or are they part of a pack?”

“Well lets take a guess shall we, we’ve kidnapped Elle over there and we now they are on a rescue mission, so I’m gonna guess that they are in the same pack as her.” One says sarcastically, well his logic is there but they have only one person caged up from her pack.

“When is He due to arrive?” This catches my interest and my ears prick up.

“He comes and goes as He pleases, you know that. But He is meant to be here by tomorrow.” My heart skips a beat in my chest, so the Dark Wolf himself will be arriving.

The hours pass slowly and the fact that I can’t talk is driving me insane, especially since I really want to give these guys a piece of my mind; I am not a wolf in captivity at the zoo, I am part human too! For some reason they just don’t seem to get that.

It must be horrible to be a real wolf or dog, all you can really do is just lie down and sleep, think, or stare into space, its not fun.

The guys just come and go but because there are so many of them the faces just blur into one and I can no longer determine which ones I have seen and which are new. They sleep in shifts changing over throughout the day and there is a lot more of them then I thought there would be, when thinking of the Dark Wolf I always pictured him as a loner, mysterious and brooding, I couldn’t have been further from the truth. He has hundreds of what seem like loyal followers but I’m not sure if they are united as a pack.

I’m waiting impatiently for one of my pack to shift so I can tell them about the Dark Wolf, as curious as I am to see him in the flesh or fur or whatever, I also really want to get out of here before he arrives, the need to get away has been building with every passing second and I’m beginning to fidget.

Pacing up and down my small caged of area I concentrate on the sound of my nails clacking against the stone floor, in a strange way the sound is soothing to me.