Eight

"These bitches jealous of some shit they can't be. Bitch I'm grinding for success, that's some shit you won't see." - Unknown

I looked around the church and listened to the sniffles setting and the sighs calming. I looked to my right and seen the small pink casket. My baby girl laid in her casket all dressed in white. Her hair had a goddess braid across the front and a puff ball with the rest of it . A smile was gently placed on her face.

" Take ya time Tes." My Auntie yelled from across the church.

" Ummm" was all I could get out. There was no way I could prepare for this day. Or the day of her death. Or this speech I was about to give. I mean who could prepare for something like this?

I looked around again and seen the saddest faces, but none as sad as mine.

I cleared my burning throat and put my hand over my aching chest . " The most important thing in this world is to learn to give out love and let it come in . You are one of the most amazing gifts I have ever gotten . I value everything you've taught me . The things you have shared with me mean the world to me . I can feel it when your heart sings because it makes my heart sing too . I could sit next to you and not say anything and be at peace because I know we gone always be good . Tes and Jas always been good . No matter what . I'm living for you, also . I'm thankful to have had you in my life . The world was less scary when I was with you . I lost all concept of time when I was with you . I wanted to stay with you forever . I always wanted to be by your side . I always wanted to be around you . I want to keep you in my past , present , and future . Circumstance brought us together but choice kept us together. You were so lovable. I love you Jasbug."

"Tesla...TESLA!"

" What? Huh? "

" You okay? I was talking to you and you looked spaced."

" I'm fine. I was just... I'm okay."

" You sure Tes? what's on your mind? You know I'm always down to listen."

" Reena, it's fine."

" Alright, alrighhhht."

" But yo look I gotta go. I gotta meet Vince in a little while."

" Where y'all going?"

" Grown folks."

" Whatever dude."

" Mind ya business baby girl. Young ass."

" Hey guess what?"

" What Reena? "

" Fuck you "

" Really?"

" Yeah bitch. All that."

I rolled my eyes and walked out her house. I'm sick of her ass. She always want to play with me.

I drove to Steez Shop, which was a pizza parlor that hands down, had the best pizza ever.

I found a table and waited for Vince.

He walked in, in a California State University hoodie. He looked good.

" Hello beautiful, you look stunning as usual." He said with a cheesy smile.

" Hey Vince. " I blushed with my head down. This man here. He's good with words, but what else would you expect from a rapper?

" You look even better when you blush."

" You're so sweet. How are you?"

" Better now that I get to spend time with you. How are you?"

" I can't complain." I stated simply.

He nodded.

" So Ms. Tesla, I never got a formal introduction. "

That's understandable. We've been texting for a few weeks now, but it's been about everything but the important stuff.

" Tesla Diaane Andrews. 23. Texas raised. Employed. Lives alone. You Mr. Vince?"

" Vincent Dèonte Staples. 24. Detroit raised. Self made. Selfish with my women. Self employed." I couldn't happen but laugh. That Drake line was hot.

" I see you caught my drift." He said with a warm smile and a small laugh.

" I did actually."

He looked at me. He just kind of stared at me. For at least 3 minutes. It's like he was looking right through me. Into my soul sort of. He grabbed my hand and gently looked over my palm. I shifted in my seat.

This man is like no other. Not sure if that's a good or bad statement. I only know he's very different.

" I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. "

" Can you like read minds or something?"

" No. I... Just... Never mind." He looked away. Almost like he was ... Shy? or Embarrassed? Now for the weeks I've known him, this man is nothing like shy nor easily embarrassed.

" Tell me. It's like you where looking right through me... Then my hand..."

" I was observing. You've been broken. I want to help you. I don't want you to think I'm some weird person... I just ... forget it."

" What did you see?" I said ignoring his last statement.

" I saw a long life, full of blessings and happiness... My grandma used to palm read, before she passed last year."

" How did she pass, if you don't mind me asking?"

" She had cancer."

" That's horrible."

" She was a fighter."

" That's good. Cancer is such an ugly disease. It breaks you down."

" Yes it does. But enough about that. I noticed your tattoo. Who was she?" He looked in my eyes and grabbed my left hand and ran his fingers across Jasmine Elizabeth heart shaped tattoo on my wrist.

" Why did you say was?"

" She isn't with us anymore. This is a pain tattoo. Not a just cause."

" How did you know?"

" Because I have one too." He lifted his sleeve and Keyshawn was written in cursive on his forearm.

" My daughter. Who was he?"

" My brother."

" What happened?"

He shifted in seat as if he was uncomfortable. Maybe I asked the wrong question. I made him uncomfortable. Damn it Tesla, you blew it. My mind was having an argument with it's self.