Eighteen

" She's falling in love now. Losing control now. Fighting the truth, trying to hide. But I think it's alright girl." - Russ

Tanner

I fucked up. I fucked up. I fucked up.

" What did you mean she knows Tanner? What happened in there?" Vince asked when we made it back to my house. I couldn't even get out before he started asking questions. I really wasn't even ready to give him answers just yet.

" Tanner, I know you hear me talking to you!" He grabbed my face and made me look at him.

" Damn it Vince!" I shook my head and placed it on the steering wheel. " Vince look..." I blew out a breathe. " I-I developed these feelings for you. Tesla knows. She asked me about it and I told her the truth. She knows we slept together. I found her in the house and she was pregnant. " I paused.

" Pregnant?"

" Pregnant Vince. She said she'd been in a coma and when she woke up, she was well into her pregnancy. I don't know if he raped her or not. But we argued about it. She said she was keeping the kid and he was holding her hostage in the house. Not in a bad way. He's taking care of her and catering to her every need. That's all that's to it."

" Damn." He said as he shook his head. " Are you sure that's all man?"

" Vince I hurt Tes. I hurt her bad. It's best if I go back to Louisiana and leave her her. I love her but what I've done to her is unforgivable. She hates me. And that's fine honestly."

" I don't even know what to say. "

" Don't say anything at all."

" So this is it, huh?"

I nodded my head. He didn't say anything, he just got out of my car and sped off in his.

I looked in my glove compartment and pulled out my weed and cigars. Nothing is going right anymore. I rolled up and started to smoke. I let the smoke flow in and out of my lungs.

How did all this even happen? When did I feel the need to cross my sister, damn near the only blood I have left, for some dick? I've made so many decisions to help Tesla, but I've also made more that have hurt her. It's best if I just go. I've been playing this like a game for years, but this isn't a game at all. I need to apologize to her, but I know my apology won't fix anything between us.  I'm just going to disappear because that's what I'm honestly best at doing.

Louisiana hasn't been my home in a while. But that's why I need to go back. The only problem is, of I go back, I'm gonna go back to being a drug dealer. I left to keep my old life from catching up with me. Now I'm about to go back to everybody and everything that I left behind. At the rate I was going, I was going to end up in a grave. I'd already did the jail thing. One more strike and they would put me away for life. It's so fucked up cause hustling is all I know. The judge felt as if i was troubled teen , so they moved me from place to place. They took me out the streets but they couldn't take the hustler out of me. The streets gave me love when nothing or nobody else could or would. Louisiana know me. They know what I'm about. That's the problem.

I looked down at the blunt and put it out. I couldn't save myself here in Texas. I had made up my mind that for damn sure, I couldn't step back into Louisiana. I had to think if a new place, somewhere I could call home and not be afraid that the cops would come kick my front door in.

Vince

I looked around the city as rode around, just thinking. I've been doing this a lot lately. My thoughts have been getting the best of me. Nothing feels right anymore. The whole situation just has me at a loss for words. I don't know how to play this shit.

I looked up and noticed I was in front of Papi's. I needed to talk to someone.

" Wassup Papi." I said as I walked in.

" Vince, my boy. What brings you by?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

" You have a problem. Hold on."

He came from behind the counter and had another worker, work the register while he and I took a trip to the back of the store.

" What's the problem?" He asked as he closed the door.

" I fucked up. "

" Obviously. You look like you fucked up. What did you do?"

" Remember when I told you about the chick I met and I was really feeling her?"

" Ahhh Yes, Pretty girl. "

" I was drunk and I did a bad thing."

" You keep stating the obvious."

" I slept with her sister Papi."

" Why? " He asked as he scrunched his face up in confusion. " I thought you were feeling her?"

" Temptation. I didn't have any other reason. She found out and basically she's shunned us from her life. I don't blame her, but it's only in my nature to feel like I need to fix it because this isn't right. And on top of that, she got kidnapped during all this and her sister and I finally found her. It was supposed to be a happy ending but she has a kid with him. I was feeling her. But I was just being a man at the same time."

" A kid? Look son, I'm gonna tell you this now, leave her alone. She's a mother now. Let her find her way. You couldn't have been feeling her if you fell balls deep in her sister. You two have done enough damage. If it's meant to be, then it will be. But until then, give her some time."

I nodded my head and sighed. He was right. We have caused enough problems. I don't want to stop trying, but I need to, so I am. She hates me. I wish I could just explain, but the problem with that though is, I don't even have an explanation. The fact that I was drunk, doesn't make it any better.

" Thanks Papi. "

" No problem son. Don't look so defeated. You made a mistake. Learn from it and move forward."

I modded my head. We hugged and walked back to the front.