Nine

Sorry about the chapter mix up. I published the wrong thing, soooo it was back to the drawing board.

" Be strong. Don't let temptation ruin you." - Unknown

I looked around the empty parking lot before I got out. I took a loaf of bread out my trunk and walked down the trail. The ducklings were following behind there mom. I squatted down to their level and light stroked her head. I took out some bread and she ate out my hand.

This reminds me of the times I spent with Jasmine. I miss her so much.

How do you get over this pain? I don't think you ever can.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. It was a number I didn't know.

" Hello?"

" Fame, fame, fame... you cannot run from me darling. Meet me at the spot. Got 15 minutes. Or there will be consequences."

" Who are you? How'd you get my number?"

" These streets are mine. I've always had it."

" I'm not meeting you anywhere. Stop calling me." I hung up and stuffed the phone in my pocket.

What the hell does he want? I don't even want to involve myself in his madness.

My phone was vibrating again. The irritation is building now.

" WHAT ?!" I yelled into the phone, not even checking the caller ID.

" Well hello? That's how you answer your phone?"

I looked at the number and it was Reena.

" Damn girl, my bad. I just... I-I'm sorry yo. What's good?"

" Where are you? Are you okay?"

"I'm straight yo. Shoot."

" So I got a call from Raury and he has a show tonight. I told James and he offered to go with me. "

" Does he know?"

" Yeah. He's really cool about it. We aren't dating and he understands."

" Does RaRa know?"

" Yeah. He's not as open. He doesn't like to share."

" Sounds like him."

" I gotta go tho Tee, text me !"

" Alright. " she hung up and I stuffed my phone into my back pocket and took a seat on the edge of the lake as my feet lightly swayed in the water.

I've never felt so alone. I've never dealt with this type of hurt. How do you function when everything you ever dreamed of is snatched from under you? The only person you had left is no longer.

I dragged my feet all the way to my car.

I dreaded going back home. This house is not a home. I stayed at the park until the sun went down. It was around 12:30 by the time I even left. Sometimes the time flies and I don't even notice.

I pulled into my driveway and my door was snatched open. I looked up to see a masked man, dressed in all black. I didn't have time to grab my mace. I was too in shock. I was dragged out the car by my hair, and my body was tossed around like I was a doll.

" Let me go!"

" Please!"

" Get off me bitch!"

I screamed.

The person choked me, I clawed at his hands because I felt my airways closing.

" Shut up bitch!"

The person dropped me and slammed my head on the concrete, then I heard my car door slam.

My head hit the ground so hard, my vision blurred, my ears rung and I immediately felt blood drop down the side of my face .

I heard distant mumbles, but everything was blurry.

I tried to get up but that was not a wise option.

I was punched in the face repeatedly. I laid back down with my nose now bloody and my lip busted.

" ......down bitch!"

I felt heavy footsteps coming towards me.

" Is .... breathing?"

" ..... bring.... to me ...."

" .... do .... her boss?"

"....... kill her."

My hair was pulled , so that I stood on my feet and I was thrown in the back of an Empala.

I sat in the car and watched my surroundings. I didn't know who was doing this or where I was going.

The car stopped and I tried to sit up, but the pain in my head wouldn't allow it.

My body was roughly pulled out the car. I was dragged on Italian floors. This was a house. A beautiful one to be exact. Why would I be beat and brought to a beautiful house?

The floors changed and I was thrown into what looked like an office and punched in the mouth as the mystery person dropped my body and walked out.

I sat up on my elbows and watched my blood drip on the all white Asian rug.

I flipped my body over and seen Armoni loafers standing over me.

I looked up but was blinded by a glare. My strength gave out and my body collapsed back onto the rug.