Fifteen

"... Though I might mess around. It's only cause I need some affection." -TLC

Vince

It's been two months. I have given up trying to find Tesla. I felt like maybe she left. She wasn't going to comeback.

I currently sat in front her house, hoping she would pull up at any moment.

Tanner called my phone, we'd actually been close these past two months.

" Yo, wassup?"

" Where you at?"

" The same place I am everyday man. Waiting, hoping and praying."

"Man, today just ain't a good day."

I heard a sniffle. " Yo, you good?"

"No. Can you come over?"

Everyone knows Tanner is a badass, nothing more, nothing less. To know that she is crying, is scary. I don't know what to expect. You would never get emotions out of her besides anger when you fucked with her the wrong way or chill. There was no inbetween.

" Yeah. I'm on my way. Don't do no stupid shit. I'll be there in 39. Yo, be cool." I disconnected the call.

I made my way to her house, but not before stopping by PAPI'S liquor store and to buy a variety of drinks and candy.

I walked into the store and was greeted by the clerk. He was a Puerto Rican older man. We go way back. He gave me my first job. I wasn't old enough to be here but he made shit happen. He knows I needed it. He went by Papi, hence the name of the store.

" Cuál está encima de Vince ? ¿Cómo estás hijo?"

" Wassup Papi, my manz! I been living man. Trying to get it. Nothing changed. How you been?"

"Bueno. Nunca he estado mejor."

"How's moma Cecelia?"

" Bueno. Ella todavía insiste en que ella siempre tiene la razón .What brings you to my side of town?" He questioned in his thick Rican accent.

" I'm going to visit a friend."

He nodded.

I sat my stuff on the counter and paid for it. I gave him a huncho and told him to keep the change. I owe that man my life. That's the least I could do.

" Nice seeing you Vince, take care."

I saluted him and made my way out the door. I bumped into a short chocolate girl. I dropped my skittles all over the ground.

" Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't even paying attention." She was too consumed in her phone. She looked down at the skittles and immediately gave the saddest look.

" It's cool Mami." I stepped around her and made my way out the door. I was upset. She made me drop my favorite candy.

" Wait!" She called after me.

I walked over to my car and leaned on the hood.

Two minutes later she walked out with 4 packs of skittles in her hand. " I'm sorry for making you drop your skittles....?"

" Vince. It's Vince."

" Well Vince, I wasn't paying attention."

" I told you it was cool ...?"

"Bryant." She smiled at me.

" What a pretty name for such a pretty lady. It's different."

" Thank you Vince. I take that you like different?" She giggled.

" I do actually." I smirked at her.

"We should do lunch together whenever you're available." She smirked right back at me.

I passed her my phone, she passed me hers and we exchanged numbers and went our separate ways. I noticed something on her phone, but maybe I'm just having a moment.

I made it to Tanner's house in about 15 minutes. The door was unlocked and carefully ajar.

I walked into the living room to see Tanner laid out with a picture tightly tucked under her arm.

I sat down and watched her finish a bottle of Grey Goose.

I wasn't going to ask. She would speak eventually. I watched her lay back and close her eyes. She took a swig of the newly opened Hennessey bottle. I was already three cups into my Crown.

" You know what Vince, I tried everything I could to provide for my sisters after my moma and daddy died. "

She hiccupped out. I watched her as carefully as I could.

She walked over to where I was sitting, and sat close to me. She looked at me with some look I couldn't read.

"I swear I did. I gave them girls my life, They gave something more in return; they soul. I was wild and careless but I knew I had responsibility. I was the provider. Tesla was quiet and smart. She always had good grades, and was always with the smart kids, she was the thinker. Vanessa was the glue. Nessa kept us together, she balanced us out. I had just turned 19. I never been a 9 to 5 type of bitch you feel me? I couldn't see myself flipping no burgers, taking orders or folding clothes. I like fast money. The only thing I knew how to do was hit the block, my boyfriend at the time was making major moves, so I got down with him. I ain't know how else to provide for them. We ain't have no direction, we ain't know what we was doing but we seen that shit as a blessing. I was slanging so much, I ain't notice my sister was sick. I got locked up that next year. Vanessa was 15 at the time, her energy was past innocent. She was a baby. I remember I would call her and she would tell me how she was gone marry Rikkie, I always told her to keep it G, we wasn't about that love shit."

She laughed and drunk the Hennessey again. We looked at each other for a quick second.

" But I know all Nessa wanted was love. CPS kept bouncing them from home to home. When Nessa turned 17 shit got bad. She had been experimenting with drugs but she was heavy into that shit. She had OD'd two times in a month. There was nothing I could do and Tes didn't know what to do."

She chugged down half of the Hennessey bottle. She laid her head in my lap and sobbed. I took her hair out of her ponytail and let it free. I lightly rubbed her scalp while drinking some of the Hennessey.

" I couldn't save her. She had self destructed. She got high and was walking down the highway. She was yelling about how she loved Tes and I. She stumbled into traffic and got hit. Her body flipped and flew. She could've survived, but another car hit her again."

She cried harder, but this time she sat in my lap.

" That's why it hurts. I know in my mind she would still be here. Today is her birthday."

I shook my head. I didn't know how to comfort her. We all lose people great to us. Only thing we can do is remember that Heaven is so high, your angel will forever be by your side.

Tanner sat in my lap. I could barely keep my eyes open. Hers weren't open at all. She grinded her hips into me. I already knew little Vince was alert but I couldn't stop her. Kisses rained all over my face, and Love marks were formed all over the left side of my neck. I grabbed her hips tightly.

Our clothes shedded and so did the morals.

*******************

I know I've been off but life has been happening you guys. I hope you liked it. Let me know. This is about the longest chapter I've done but y'all deserved it .