Eleven

" Pretty hurts, we shine the light on whatever's worst. Perfection is a disease of a nation." - Beyonce Knowles

" Tesla!" I jumped and my head snapped towards the door. The same girl from yesterday came in and sat an outfit on the bed.

" Stephon needs you cleaned up. I brought clothes just for you to change into." She referred to the sweatpants and Tshirt. " But that-" she pointed to the hanging on the door," is for tonight. There's an event and Stephon will be escorting you."

I nodded.

" Thank you....."

" Oh, Bryant. Bryant Lashae. " she extended her hand to me. I returned the gesture.

" Is this his house?"

She nodded her head.

" Go get in the tub and I'll answer your questions afterwards. He's expecting you soon."

I slowly stood from the bed and went to the bathroom. I ran a warm bath. I added some lavender bubbles I found under the sink. Just happens to be my favorite. My body needed it. I grabbed a loofa out the pack and the shower gel.

I stayed in at least for 45 minutes. I washed up and stepped out. I got dressed and put my clothes on.

Bryant sat on my bed and waited for me to come out.

" Is it time?"

She nodded and led the way.

My body didn't hurt as bad, so I was able to keep up. This house was amazing.

She stopped by the same office and stood there.

" Just knock before you go in."

I nodded. " Thank you Bryant."

She nodded and turned on her heels to walk away.

She stopped mid-track and turned towards me. " Oh and one thing I learned from being here... Just do as they say... Please. I'll see you at the event. We can chat then." With that, she kept walking.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. A large man opened it, and looked me up and down.

" Who you?" He said with a nasty attitude.

" Who the fuck is you?" I snapped back.

" Let her in." I heard Stephon mumble with a chuckle.

The large man huffed and stepped away from the door. I pushed it open and made sure I bumped him on my way in. He wasn't effected by it, but it was worth a shot.

I took a seat in the only available seat, which was at the end of the table.

There were four men plus Stephon seated.

" Y'all can leave. " he said to them.

I watched as they all filed out.