Cold Hearted

Here I was naked. Being taken away from all my cushions. No momma, no Cuca No Santo, in a house filled with mischief and chaos. No love, no food, no nothing. There were times where I only had one bra and panty. There were days that i didnt even have a pair of flipflops that cost 99 cents, no nothing. Envy, curse words, maliciousness, nastiness, poverty, hatred, incest, evil and everything that evil brought were the norm in this home. Everything was upside down. Father against son, son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother. Resentment grew higher than a mountain's top. No solutions, more confusion the devil reigned in that house, there is no other explanation.
Even as I hated Larry he was my salvation. Leaving that hell taught me to survive any other little hell. Going through it was tough. There I learned how to curse like a sailor because that's all I ever heard from Leo. I learned how to survive so I was cooking at 9 years old, washing clothes by hand, hanging them to dry, folding, doing hair and whatever hustle i could learn that helped me get ahead. Grandma tried to save her household but Leo was bringing it down. Jail, hunger, filth and devastation were our pets of choice. I learned to look out for me. I had no love for nothing because it only showed weakness. So i grew an icebox on My chest. Kept everyone out and one day I stopped missing my mom, cuca and Santo. That was for weak people I had to survive. It was so bad, I couldn't even find my sister. Yira had her...