Chapter 1 ~ Leeches

© 2013 by Authorninja. All rights reserved.

FIRST THINGS FIRST

Thank you to the amazing supernaturaIs for the cover

Thank you to the amazing supernaturaIs for the cover. I have never been happier with how this series is shown through her covers for it, and I am forever thankful for her masterpieces. 

Thank you to my family, for my parents for pushing me to be a writer (even though I seem annoyed by it) and my sister for being the first person to introduce me to the world of stories. If it weren't for them, I never would've written my first book.

Thank you AlyxMck for the trailer. You're truly the best video editor I've seen on wattpad, which is kind of why I stalked you for a while until you finally had an open thread and I had a heart attack.

All rights reserved. This book, plot or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission from the publisher unless it is brief quotations for a book review.  

This book is only available on Wattpad.com so if this story is being published elsewhere, please notify me immediately.

This is my first completed story. It took years though, around two. I was also a young teenager when I began this, and now I'm in university lol. So if you're wondering why the author notes are so weird and why I'm blabbing on about school work and my social life it's because I forgot to delete that part during my many times of editing. Sometimes I forgot that the authors note wasn't my diary. I'd love feedback, thanks for reading.

-

Chapter 1 ~ Leeches

"Please!" He screamed. "I'm sorry!"

It's funny how the ruthless, blood-sucking Vampire could so easily switch to a pitiful beggar when you pointed a gun to his head.

I shook my head in disgust. "I'm disappointed in you, human slaughterer." I shoved the revolver further against his temple. "I expected a bit more of a fight from you!"

He growled and snapped his pointed teeth at my arm. I returned the action with a kick to the ribs, followed by holding him in a penetrating torture elbow, a martial arts manoeuvre that I had learnt and it came in handy in the least expected moments.

"What did I say about trying to bite me?" I hissed into his ear. "I will never let a leech take my blood." I internally shivered at the thought of its filthy teeth touching me. "Freak."

He scurried from my grasp, and I clicked my gun, ready to pull the trigger. The space was tight, and I patiently watched as he backed up against a wall, undoubtedly trying to look brave in his last breathing moment.

But then I started to reconsider, uncertain of whether I should actually make the shot. He might be good for questioning, after all; perhaps he knew something of the rebellion against the shapeshifters. I remembered watching him kill those humans. They had been defenceless, and he was a ruthless murderer, just like all the other Vampires. My uncertainty seemed to melt away.

"The shapeshifters clan will fall to its knees at the hands of Vampires!" He spat. "We will take over as head of the Hybrids, and your kind will all perish."

I laughed at his stupidity, "Not while I'm still standing."

I pulled the trigger.

--

a.n

Do you want DTK to be published?

Fans of Desire To Kill I need your help!

Our story is now on Inkitt, and if you simply review Desire To Kill and show it some love DTK might actually get published!

Please head to the story now: http://www.inkitt.com/stories/70814 (or click external link)