Chapter 1: Enemy

Hey so I decided to make Katniss be hijacked instead of Peeta. My story will not be completely the same as the book but I will try. I hope you guys like it;Please read,review and comment. I love you guys so much. All rights belong to the queen Suzanne Collins.
_________________________________

                            Chapter 1 :Enemy

I pace back and forth, images in my head jumbling back and forth. I try to replay the images to make them seem clearer, but it make things worse. I lay on my bed and thought about everything that's happening right now.

I've been in the Capitol for a few weeks now. The torture they put me through is unbearable. Everyday is a dose of trackerjacker venom. They manipulate my memories and change them.

I've been told that Peeta never loved me, Peeta is out to destroy me, Peeta is leading the rebellion now.

I feel sadness inside me, the comfort he gave me during our Victory Tour is gone and I will never see Peeta again.

I began to bring my knees up to my face, and hid my face in between my knees and began to cry. I cry for myself, I cry for Peeta, I cry for my family and wondering where they are now.

Hours of crying turned into whimpering, until I finally fell asleep in my bed whispering Peeta's name.

          * Hours later*

"Miss Everdeen wake up it's time for your morning dose!" I hear.

My body begins to shiver and shake in fear.

"Please no, Please I'll do anything. Please don't change my memory just...... kill me please just end my misery!" I scream as I began to cry falling to the ground.

The man begins to chuckle darkly, "Miss Everdeen, I wish I could ... But that's not what we're planning."

He looks over at me, as I straighten myself on the bed,

"Huh? What do you mean,that's not what we're planning?"

"Snow plans to use you to destroy Peeta, so we can end this rebellion."

I look up as fast as the wind , "So by torturing me —You're hurting Peeta....", I ran off my bed and attacked him. " You monster—Peeta is strong, passionate and will not stop without a fight. "

I let my hand slide off him as I fall on my knees holding myself crying.

The man looks down at me, "I'll give you time to get ready for your dose."

And then he walks out of my room.

After a couple of minutes, I calmed down a little by whispering Peeta's name over and over, rolling the Pearl Peeta gave me in the Quarter Quell. Peeta was the only thing that kept me sane, I love him.

The man escorts me to this lab room that always gives me the chills, I know what they are going to do with me.

The man escorts me to a weird looking lady, she had purple hair with a lot of green makeup on. I noticed her name tag and it read Octavia.

I walk towards the bed slowly and the man leads me by pushing my shoulders forward. I keep my head down avoiding everyone in the room.

I know in the next few minutes they will see me rage out and act delirious. Octavia helps sit me on top of the bed and begins to speak to me,

"Repeat after me you're name is Katniss Everdeen, You're not in the rebellion against the Capitol and you hate Peeta."

My mind went blank as I repeated what she told me, "My name is Katniss Everdeen, I'm not in the rebellion against the Capitol and I–.. "

I begin to stop, I can't lie to myself about my feelings for him. "You love him Katniss" my mind says to me.

Octavia looks at me waiting for me to finish the sentence. I look up at her and said,

"I can't" looking down at my feet as they move back and forth.

After a second I feel myself being injected with a needle. I scream in agony as my arms goes numb. I feel the trackerjacker venom taking over me.

Octavia repeats herself again, "You're name is Katniss Everdeen, You're not in the rebellion against the Capitol and you hate Peeta. "

I began to freak out," You can't tell me what to say, I will never join the Capitol, you can't tell me not to love Peeta..— I can't live without him. "

I say the last part in a whisper. I hear Octavia sucking in her breath as she calls the man behind her. " Give me a stronger prescription of trackerjacker venom please. "

I try to stay strong but I'm shaking inside, I try to keep my walls up but it's crumbling around me right in front of the enemy.

I hear the man walking towards Octavia with the needle filled with more fluid, the fluid was a very dark orange that had a smell of honey.

Octavia grabs my shoulder and looks me in the eyes as she tell me," You will follow what I say, you will realize that Peeta is the enemy one way or another,
you will tell the world your on our side do you understand! "

Before I could reply I felt myself being stabbed with the injection.

My mind goes blank as I say outloud,

" Peeta is the enemy. "

____________________________________

I know it's short but the next chapters will be longer. I hope you guys like it, I love you guys.
       - Najaé❤️