Chapter 14: This is war

Sorry if there's any spelling or grammar errors.

                   Chapter 14 : This is war

Me and Gale walk out of the underground, I notice how everything is destroyed and white roses are everywhere.

My hands begin to shake as I remember Snow, his secret weapon— how he used poison on his opponents.

I will always wonder how Finnick knew that, but I will never question his knowledge.

I begin to walk over the rubble and broken up concrete that is covered in white roses. Gale leads me towards the forest.

Once we reach the forest, it was quiet the only thing you can hear is the birds chirping. The breeze blowing leaves all over showing me the first angle to aim.

I begin look up at the sky it was sunset, my mind starts to wonder on Peeta.

What is he doing now in 8?

I hope he's okay....

I miss his lips on mine.

Kill that mutt, he deserves to die.

My mind was all over and Gale touches my shoulder as I hear a deer in the distance.

I bend down and grab a hand full of leaves as I crush them and let them fly away in the wind. The leaves show me that I need to come on the right side of the deer.

Once I bring my arrow to my face to concentrate and let my arrow go. Gale throws a rock at the tree near the deer, the deer begins to run as my arrow misses the deer by an inch.

"Damn you Gale, I could of had her." I say in annoyance once again he's getting on my bad side.

"How were you going to bring it back to 13 Catnip?"

I begin to think about it and shake it off,

I see an area that looks like the front of an old abandoned house with no doors. I bring Gale towards it as we sit down.

I look at the water flowing down the river as I lay my head on Gale's shoulder, enjoying the peace and quietness the forest has to offer.

Gale shifts which makes me bring my head up looking at him, I couldn't stop myself before I bring my hands on his cheek and kiss him.

My body and heart felt betrayed, I thought kissing Gale would change everything but it made me think more, the kiss did not stop me from thinking of Peeta but it kept me calm.

Gale smiles and holds my hand and this time I allow it just this once.

Me and Gale decide it was time to go back to 13, it was getting dark out and it was time for Gale to go finish his schedule. He got an message from Coin to come back.

I got up dusting off my clothes as Gale grabs my face and kisses me again, I kiss him back trying to get back to 13 to see if Peeta has returned.

My mind was else where but my body felt warmth for this, I don't know whether my body heated up from kissing Gale or finally getting to see Peeta after these long hours away from him.

Gale grabs my hand and we walked back to District 13.

                                       ^_^

We finally make it back to District 13 and went underground after we were stumbling over rubber and broken up cement covered in roses.