Chapter 4: Goodbye World

Hey guys long time no see. Omg this story reached over 200 views I'm so shocked. I never thought it would be a good story ilysfm❤️. Now we're we left off.
____________________________________

Chapter 4: Goodbye World

My eyes began to burn as I open my eyes. My eyes finally open after the fifth attempt and I began to look around the lab.

I see videos of my life playing around me. Videos of me in the Quarter Quell, when me and Peeta got separated... All these videos were hitting me badly.

I start to panic as the words Octavia said begins to repeat in my mind,

"I'm here to erase you memory and recreate the new Katniss."

I can't think about anything else but that. What does she mean by recreating me?

The anger inside me begins to boil. I begin to cry rapidly, holding my mouth with my hand as I scream in anger.

To my surprise Octavia comes back in the room and sits on the edge of my bed looking at me intensively.

"I know I've been a crazy bitch lately." I begin to chuckle trying to lighten the mood because I do hate her a lot." I don't want to hurt you, but I have no choice.... Snow will destroy everything I have or even turn me into an avox, I can't live like that— I'm so so so sorry." she repeats.

I begin to feel bad for her. Living in the Capitol is never easy especially living under Snow.

I just remain emotionless as I stare up at her. She looks down at me and begins to speak,

"Snow knows how much you mean to this rebellion and Peeta— recently Peeta decided he wanted to fulfill your mission and become the Mockingjay."

I eyes dart towards her and I begin to focus on her face to see if she's lying. Her face looks sincere so I began to speak with my raspy-idly voice,

"Peeta–why would he be the Mockingjay for me."

"Katniss don't you get it Peeta is head over heels for you, Snow wants to destroy everything between you guys and make you hate him.... If you hate Peeta it would destroy him."

This time it was me who laughed, "Snow has a foul way of getting what he wants."

Octavia begins to cry as she whispers, "I don't want to hurt you, I don't want to become one of them."

I stand up a little and put my palm on her shoulder,

"Here, here it's okay...." I tell her with a fake smile.

Deep inside I was more scared for myself than for her. At any moment I will not love or even remember Peeta Mellark — the baker's son, my boy with the bread will be long gone and it breaks my heart.

My eyes let all the tears go, these fews weeks being in the Capitol and being away from my family and Peeta has killed me eternally.

Octavia says, "Tomorrow is when the full hijacking begins, I'm so sorry."

My head flows around it as I just stare at the white wall in front of me. Octavia realizes it's her time to go and walks out, but without turning back and giving me a apologetic smile.

I smile back pretending to be okay, while my heart clenches in horror and sadness. Over the next couple of minute I hear a knock on the door.