Chapter 13: Don't stop believing

Read A/N at the end.

                Chapter 13 : Don't stop believing

"Brainless, I think your in love with him." Begins to take a troll in my head over and over again.

Do I really love him?

I just look at Johanna not knowing what to say. I was stuck in a faze of the unknown, that she may be telling the truth.

But who knows, me and Peeta's relationship has been on a troll for months. I was in the Capitol being tortured, while Peeta became the Mockingjay doing my old duty.

I couldn't just think of the things that are good between us, the only things I think about is the bad things. I know that I'm not completely aware of my feelings for him. But I know I feel something for him.

I don't know how long it will take for me to remember things about him, but I hope I can remember the good things instead of trying to attack him.

I try to deny Johanna's statement with a shake of the head. Deep down I know it's true but my inner mutt doesn't want to believe it. My inner mutt is beyond mad that I'm pushing her away and is talking to Peeta.

She wants me to choke him again and again until he dies, but since that session with him earlier I can't do that.

Johanna breaks me from my thoughts,

"Come on Brainless, yes you do love him. Stop denying the truth and run towards it."

I laugh at her failing attempt to make a heart-warming quote. I just look at her and seemed unfazed by it.

"No Johanna— what don't you understand.... I am more confused then ever and then Gale....ugh don't get me started..."

Gale had me on the tip of my toes with his confessions. I never thought of them as sweet or romantic but I did like that he was brave enough to tell me how he felt about me.

Johanna waits for me to say something, I decided to ask her this dumb question.

"Should I talk to Gale... You know like apologize for yelling at him."

Johanna seems to be taken back and doesn't reply right away. I guess I startled her, her eyebrows arch as she was thinking of a way to respond.

Her lips moved to an angle as she smacks on her teeth, waiting for her to reply was like years until she finally spoken.

"Sure go ahead, but if things don't work out— let me have him." She winks as I open my mouth in shock and look at her in disturbance.

I walk backwards out of her room still looking at her in disgust as she laughs hysterically throwing her body all around. I finally smile at her, she was healing and was finally happy.

I walk down the hallway and see a door open, to my curiosity I decided to peak into the room. I see Gale and Beetee talking. The talk seemed very serious, I look at the wall that projected a parachute blueprint.

I open my mouth letting out a shaky breath,

That's the parachutes from the games.