Part 5.....Adriano

A pic of what Adriano could look like.

I was so upbeat and happy I was in London England. The place was beautiful. I loved the old buildings and tiny streets. I had flown in a day earlier just to take in the sights of this ancient city. The British accent was the most thrilling and I revelled in it by asking questions to random strangers just to hear it over and over again.

I walked past Big Ben and the chime thundered through my head. I looked up and noticed that it was already seven pm. I had to check in with Mr Rathers. I hailed a black cab which took me to the Savoy hotel which was located on the Strand Embankment overlooking the River Thames.

I paid the driver and dashed into the hotel. I quickly got to my room and switched on my laptop. The room was an Edwardian suite. It had a stately king bedroom, an elegant sitting room, 40" TV, a DVD player, high-speed Internet, a Meridian iPod dock, and a stunning marble bathroom with walk-in shower and claw-foot tub. The most memorable thing about the room is the spectacular view of the city of London. The London Eye Big Wheel and several bridges were in open view from the suite windows. It was brilliant.

I connected to Skype and dialled Mr Rathers.

The call connected and I saw Linda grinning at me. She was now Mr Rathers secretary.

"Hello mate." I mimicked with a fake English accent.

"That is just awful Vera, please stop." She laughed.

"It aint so bad." I continued in my fake English voice.

"Mr Rathers please tell her to stop, that accent is awful." Linda said between giggles.

Mr Rathers came into view shaking his head as Linda adjusted the camera on the other side, "Hello sir." I greeted in my normal voice, "I have no idea what Linda is trying to insinuate here."

"I heard you Vera, now how as your first day in London?" He asked

"I met with two industry analysts but my meeting with William Dunstan was the most informative." I began my report.

"He was very detailed in the way in which they ran their programs here and I believe we can use their company to help market the Minue Drive in the UK."I concluded a few minutes later.

"The potential there appears to be the angle we want." Mr Rathers commented sitting forward in his chair.

"Indeed tomorrow I meet the other two marketing firms and I will report to you about them tomorrow evening. We should able to make a decision then since we already have the background information we need on all four companies." I was pumped up. I loved my new marketing role. It was exciting and fun. I had travelled to Canada and the Caribbean now I was in London, England.

"So I have told all four that we will be giving them the final response on Friday so after that we are set. I will do the paper work and fly back home on Saturday as scheduled bar any last minute changes." I added as a text message beeped on my phone.

"Oh Vera, you are so valuable. I have never doubted my decision to hire you four years ago. Now go have some sleep you have worked hard today."

"Thanks Sir, have a good evening." We said our good byes and I glanced at my phone. There was a text message, the number was definitely unknown to me but I figured these things get mixed up internationally. It read

Are you enjoying the British weather? Enjoy for me too.

I wondered who sent it. Must be someone from the office. Most likely Dominic who insisted on flirting although I told him that I was not interested.