Part 16....Cat Cay

Vera POV

Vera POV

"Wow! The whole summer?" I asked as Adriano got off me and looked at his grandmother.

"Yeah, Nonna have you found a place as yet?" the child asked excitedly.

"Look at this one; you can play football in the garden." Gia said showing him the house that I liked.

"Cool, it will be so much fun and you can stay with us." Adriano continued looking at me his face a light with joy.

"I already have a house but I could visit you often." I conceded. How could I deny that adorable face?

"Yeah!" Adriano shouted. "Papa, Vera is going to visit us in our new home isn't that awesome!"

My eyes met the man in question. He was beautifully tailored in a dark gray suit. Our eyes clashed and I could see fire in them. His body was tense and he stared at me before smiling at his son.

"I'm sure Vera will keep her promise and visit often." I caught the underlying message in his words and sighed. Rui was out for the kill.

"You are home early my son." Gia commented as Rui went on to give her a kiss.

"I came to get some documents since I'm going away for two night trip." Rui revealed. Instantly Adriano was at his father's feet.

"Papa? Can I come too?" the little boy asked his eyes hopeful and bright.

Rui bent to pick up his son, "Sorry mio figlio but you can't come this time. You need to stay here to keep Nonna company so she won't be lonely."

Adriano's face had fallen from disappointment but when he digested his father's words his face brightened.

"Yes Papa I will take good care of Nonna."

"That is my big boy!" his father cooed as the males did high fives.

"Vera, can we go to the zoo again today?" Adriano asked hopping around in front of me excitedly after his father put him down.

I opened my mouth to respond but Rui cut in.

"Vera, has to work Adriano, she only came to say goodbye." I looked at Rui, what was he saying?

"But we're not going back to Italy today Papa, why would she say goodbye?" Adriano's face fell as he looked at me. "Are you leaving?"

"Yes she is." Rui grabbed my hand and forced me to stand. "We are going on a trip for a couple of days."

I was in shock. "We are?" I asked looking at the man beside me.

"We are." he responded. He gave his mother a kiss and hugged Adriano. "I will see you on Wednesday mio figlio, be good for Nonna okay?"

"Yes Papa, I will miss you Vera." Adriano gave me a hug and I waved good bye.