Part 11.... Battle Axe

Vera POV

His lips were soft against mine. I leaned into the kiss as he pulled me closer to him. I opened my mouth to let him in. He was gentle but strong. He was a good kisser and his hold on me felt great. We finally broke apart and we stood looking at each other. I could see the lust swimming in his eyes. His member was rock hard against my stomach. His hold kept me secure in his arms. He kissed my nose and I giggled.

"So have I convinced you to move on to the next step?" Paolo asked me.

"Next step?" I asked looking at him with a puzzled look.

"Becoming my woman." He said firmly.

I had been contemplating my response to him all week. He had asked me to give him a chance after first asking to become exclusive a week ago.

I tightened my hold around his neck, "Maybe." I whispered.

He opened his eyes and squinted, "I did not hear you clearly, Vera."

I removed my hands and stepped out of his embrace. "I am willing but we take it slow."

He pulled me back into his arms and kissed me fiercely. I was out of breath when he released me.

"We will go all the way mia bella." Paolo said his eyes shining brightly at me. I felt so complete so loved in that moment. It was a really good feeling, one I had not experienced in my life before. Maybe giving it a go with Paolo was the right choice.

"Could we keep it quiet at the office?" I asked looking serious now.

"Why? I like you, you like me, we are both adults." Paolo answered.

"I don't want curious eyes following our every move." I said knowing that the company was too small to not have a strong gossip mill.

"But Vera, so what if they know at least now every man will know that you are mine." Paolo said pulling me tighter in his arms.

I stepped back "Outside the office, we are free to show the world but at work I still want a certain amount of decorum. I prefer that we do not show any affection at work."

"But Vera---" I put a finger on his lips to quell his protest.

"Please." I whispered.

He pulled my finger into his mouth and swirled his tongue around the tip of my index finger sucking it gently. My body heated up immediately. I never thought that action could feel so erotic. The emotion was strong so I tried to pull my finger out of his mouth but he captured it with his teeth and held it there. I stilled as he began to release it slowly. I was totally aroused by that small gesture. This man was doing Kung Fu with my hormones.

"Okay then." I said trying to compose myself looking at my finger.

"I will listen to you now since I want you to trust me fully." Paolo admitted and I smiled up at him. He was truly a handsome and wonderful man.

"Thank you." I responded happily still frazzled by his actions earlier.

"Until the handover ceremony, then we will no longer be colleagues." Paolo stated with a glint in his eyes.

"Fine." I conceded.

"Go in and I will see you tomorrow Ms Smith." He said.

I laughed, "Good night Mr Tortino." As I turned away he pulled me back into his arms and kissed me forcefully on the lips.

"Now go before I can't control myself." He uttered and I scampered through the doors.

His laughter followed me inside. I waved to him as the doors closed behind me. He gestured for me to keep walking. I smiled. I reached the elevator and turned. He still stood there watching me with his hands in his pockets. I got on and waved to him briefly as the doors closed.