(12) Leon Knows Best

Justin
New York in late October is abysmal.

And just when I thought that I was finally warming up to the city that never sleeps, I'm suddenly not in a huge urge to wake up.

The temperatures drop to the easy 40s at certain points of the day,which makes it ridiculously hard to commute back and forth from school, or anywhere else for that matter.

I don't know why my dad and Luisa are never home anymore. It's like I see them once a week and than they just disappear, like they're freakin' magicians or something.

Professor Murphy is going on and on about some moldy oldies chick flick called "Clueless" which Mary and Suki obviously know because they're chicks, and it's kind of a given for chicks to be into chick flicks, I mean it's in the name.

He's been rambling for the past two hours about how the movie was a 'cultural phenomenon' and how it changed teenagers outlook on life, even now.

I'm really not paying attention because I'm to busy laughing at Za, who's making farting noises with his mouth every time the redhead in the row in front of us makes a movement.

People are starting to notice, including that same red head who turns around and flairs her Pinocchio like nose at us every 5 minutes. Yuck.

"Can you guys knock it off?" I hear Suki order.

"Yeah, how childish can you be?" Mary chimes in.

The three of us, including Ryan turn around to look at them, who have deadlocked scowls on their faces.

"You ain't seen nothing yet." Za states, a goofy smirk spread across his lips.

He than proceeds to stick his thumb in his mouth and pull it out, only to stick it into the girls ear, giving her a Wet Willy.

"Eww!" she screams, standing up and rubbing her ear with her hand. "Professor Murphy, did you see what he just did to me?" she flails an angry finger at Za, who puts his hands up in defeat.

"Hey, sorry little lady, I was just trying to get all that wax out, I mean, you could be building a candle factory in there!"

The whole class bursts out laughing, including Suki and Mary, who until now have kept up their poker face of maturity.

The girl, however is not amused in the least. "Professor!" she screams, still waiting for him to do something.

He sighs, obviously fed up with this class. "Mr. Smith, please leave your shenanigans at home." he drawls, his voice bored and tired.

The girl is pissed the fuck off. "What?! That's it?!"

The professor rolls his eyes. "Oh Ms. Yeater, your need for attention is quite distasteful."

The class erupts into a fit of 'ohs' and 'damns' and 'you suck Mariahs' to which she slumps back into her seat.

I know it sounds mean, but everyone hates that bitch. She's the biggest liar ever. She's almost like the girl who cried wolf at this point. Last month, she tried convincing everybody that she had some pop star's baby. Now if I can only remember his name..

・・・

"Za, I do have to admit, that was pretty savage of you." Mary says as the 5 of us walk away from the building, the lecture from hell finally being over.

He puts a hand on chest and gives her a proud look. "It was my honor." he says back, as cocky as ever.

"Guys, I'm starved as fuck. Can we please get something to eat?" Suki drawls, clutching onto her flat stomach.