(26) My Devotion

This chapter is dedicated to Nataly (espinosax0  ) thanks for finally reading my book doll!

(26) My Devotion

Justin

She doesn't talk to me as the security guards usher us away, engorged in hoards of paparazzi, who only seemed to want to interrogate me, to obviously ask why I've just punched one of the most respected fashion designers of all time.

She doesn't talk to me in the cab ride home either. she just looks out the window, her eyes following the rain drops that fall.

I feel like such an asshole. I don't know what came over me. All I know is that I fucked up, and I need to make it better.

She doesn't talk to me when we get home either. The silence is killing me.

So much actually, that as soon as we get home, I can't help but speak up.

"So are you ever gonna talk to me again?" I ask, to which she doesn't reply.

She just keeps walking, up until we get too her room, to which I gently pull on her arm. "Mary, please." I say.

She turns back, shooing my arm off hers. She has tears on the rims her eyes. "No!" she wails, her mouth wide open.

I just made my baby cry. I'm the biggest asshole ever.

"Mary-" I whisper again, disbelieving to the fact that I could do such a gruesome thing. I go to touch her face but she pushes me away again.

"No, Justin!" she shouts. "How could you? How could you just go and put both of out careers at stake just for the sake of your own ginormous ego?"

I sigh looking down at the ground, not knowing what answer to give her.

"Well?" she waits for me to respond.

I exhale. "I don't know what to say." I hang my head in shame.

"Yeah, because there is nothing to say. There is nothing you can say to make this better. I mean what reason could you possibly have for being scarily possessive for no possible reason and-"

"This is hard." I cut her off.

Her mouth remains in speaking position. "What's hard?" she asks.

I scratch the back of my head in frustration. "This," I point between her and me. "us. It's difficult."

She scrunches her face. "So, what, are you trying to say you wanna end it?" her face is sad. Even sadder than before.

Seeing that she's about to burst into tears all over again, I walk over to her and take her two hands in mine, this time she doesn't pull away.

"No of course not, I didn't mean it like that." I run a finger down her cheek, wiping a single tear off the exterior, before continuing.

"I just meant that, it would be so much easier for you to just go off and find someone else , someone you don't have to constantly sneak around with and can show to the world and I.." I look down. "I can't imagine my life without you."