Fired Shots

AN: I am so happy that this story is getting an awesome response. I would love to know what you're thinking about it so far. Please feel free to comment and vote.

One more thing... I have been curious to who any of the readers picture Lorenzo to look like... I have my ideas of who I think but I have been torn between a few guys.

Thanks for all the love.

                                                                   *****************

Everything had happened so fast, one moment she was having a rare moment with Lorenzo then the next she was in fear for her life. Elena saw the blinding lights coming towards them then she was yanked down and Lorenzo was using his own body to shield her as much as he could in the small space. She was trying so hard not to scream as the gunshots rang out around them. The glass on Lorenzo's side of his black Mercedes all shattered bringing glass raining down on them. He held her trembling body tightly under his own in the confined space hoping she wasn't getting hit by any of the bullets.

Elena held her cries in but couldn't stop the tears from falling as the fear course through her trembling body. Three things could be heard in the car... the gunshots, the glass shattering and Lorenzo's grunts. When the shots finally came to an end and the car that was firing on them screeched away, Lorenzo still laid above her breathing heavily. After a few moments of eerie silence Elena couldn't take it no more and his lack of movement scared her.

"Lorenzo?" she said in a low cracked voice as she reached up and squeezed the forearm that he was shielding her head with. "Lorenzo answer me... please."

"Elena were you shot?" He asked in a low voice that sounded like he was in a lot of pain.

"No I wasn't ... were you?" she said hoping for him to say no.

"Yeah." He said grunting slightly as he tried to move but it hurt, Elena gasped as more tears fell. "Elena reach in my coat pocket and pull out my phone."

"Lorenzo where were you shot?" Elena asked as she slowly slid from under him as he leaned back against the seat with a loud grunt.

"Just get my phone out and call Tony."

"Why am I calling Tony? I should be calling for an ambulance." She said pulling the phone out.

"No Elena." Lorenzo grunted as he gripped the hand she held the phone in. "Call Tony."

"Ok but we can't stay here, what if they come back." She asked as her trembling fingers turned his phone on and scrolled to Tony's number. Lorenzo laid there watching her to see how she would react to all the female numbers he had but she didn't even notice or she just didn't react to them. When she hit send and pulled the phone to her ear Elena looked back at Lorenzo to see him slowly closing his eyes. "No... Lorenzo keep your eyes open and look at me." She said cupping his face with her free hand.

Lorenzo opened his eyes and smiled at her. "I'm alright." He grunted and she forced a smile to her face.

"What's up Lorenzo?" Tony asked answering his phone as he glared at the other guys to keep quiet.

"Tony, it's me Elena."

"What are you doing with Lorenzo's phone?" Tony asked the concern thick in his voice knowing the boss didn't allow anyone but himself to touch the phone she was currently on.

"Lorenzo and I were just attacked, he was shot." She said rushing through her words quickly as she glanced back at Lorenzo and he closed his eyes again. "Lorenzo I said keep your eyes open." She snapped at him and he opened his eyes again.