Unexpected

AN: I've rewritten this chapter like ten times because I wasn't happy with it. I'm kind of still not happy with it but I have to move pass this so I don't stress out about it. Please give me your thoughts about it if you get a chance. The next chapter should not take as long to come out seeing as all I have to do is fine tune it.

Thanks for all the votes and comments on the other chapters you guys are awesome!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After ending his call with the pilot Lorenzo and Elena spent a couple more hours sitting in his office. It was peaceful and quiet which surprised her, Elena laid there going in and out of sleep while he worked on his laptop. Lorenzo couldn't stay focused on the business books Rob brought him so he just conducted work on the new casino he was opening. He had finally decided on a name for the hotel and was supposed to be there when it was put on the building but with him staying home he had to make sure things went right before the opening of the casino there. Lorenzo had just finished sending an email when there was a knock on his office door.

"Come in." Lorenzo called out as he looked up from his laptop to the door.

"Boss, there is someone at the main gate for Mrs. Moretti." Vinny said as he entered the office.

Lorenzo looked over towards Elena who was starting to sit up. "Who is it?" she asked as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Lauren Jones." Vinny said as he looked between the couple and noticed Lorenzo tense at the name mentioned. "What should I do?"

"Let her in." Elena said as she stood up, Vinny looked over at Lorenzo for conformation and Elena looked down at Lorenzo to see him not looking very keen on the idea of having Lauren there. "I'm not leaving the house with her I just need to talk to her." She said in a low voice to him.

"Let her through." Lorenzo said to Vinny as he kept his eyes on Elena. Vinny grunted an ok and left the two of them alone. "I don't like her and I sure as hell don't trust her, Elena."

"I know." Elena said as she sat back down, hoping to reason with him so they wouldn't fight about it. "I've been friends with her since grade school and I just need to clear something up with her."

"Alright." Lorenzo said reluctantly and Elena nodded while she stood up again. "If you leave I want one of the men with you."

"I already told you I'm not going anywhere and I meant that." Elena said and this time Lorenzo nodded.

Elena left the office and walked to the front door, she had no intentions of letting Lauren in the house. Lauren had been trying to contact her since she left the restaurant with Lorenzo that night. Elena had avoided all of Lauren's calls and didn't bother to read any of the messages she sent. She stood at the top of the stairs as Lauren's car came down the road then circled the driveway and parked. Lauren had a small smile on her face as she got out of her car and walked towards Elena.

"Do you think we could go to lunch and talk?" Lauren asked as she climbed the stairs. "You know... so we could be alone."

"No." Elena said as she crossed her arms over her chest and glanced over towards Vinny who had been standing out there.

"Would you like some privacy Mrs. Moretti?" Vinny asked and she nodded at him. "Alright, you need anything I'll be just inside the door."

"Thank you Vinny." Elena said with a small forced smile. When he went into the house Elena looked back at Lauren who had her eyebrow raised at her. "You've called to the point of me having to shut my phone off, what do you want?"