1 first year: first letter

Dear Granger,

I loathe you.

Absolutely despise you. You who is of low social standing dare to go against someone of my caliber? How dare you! You have no right! Who do you think you are?

A filthy little mudblood that's what!

One who knew nothing but to stick to that peasant Weasley and that scar faced Potter. For a frizzy haired know-it-all you sure know how to pick them, Granger. You sure do.

50 points for logic and smarts, eh?

Dumbledore was a biased old dog, we all know he has planned all of this to the last detail. Awarding the house cup to an undeserving lot? A bunch of bollocks, I tell you!

And to top it all off... I was supposed to be the head of the class! You we're just lucky this time, Granger. It was all dumb luck! You just got lucky! It doesn't mean anything, absolutely nothing at all. Just that you spent more time slaving away at the library like there is nothing else left to do.

How does it feel? To do everything in your power just to prove to everyone that you are deserving of your place in Hogwarts. A lowborn like you.

Still I admire you.

Draco stared hard at the four words and squinted at the word in the middle. Admire. Abhor more like. Maybe it will be better to just crumple the letter or better yet throw it in the fireplace. Stormy gray eyes looked over to the dancing fires, merely decorations, a warming spell was cast on the room by the grubby house elf. Draco Malfoy has everything. What does Granger have? Two idiot friends and filth coursing through her veins.

He smirked in self satisfaction.

For having the nerve to step here and try to be on par with someone like me.

Wishing you mayhem,

D. Malfoy

He read the hate letter once again. He felt something close to a crush on his chest. Why bother? For a moment he pictured her crying as she walked away from The Weasel and Saint Potter back in the early days, the days before the troll in the dungeon, before they were inseparable. Draco shook the thought away. He folded the letter evenly and hid it under a compartment in his desk. His father is going to come home in ten minutes. He has to be seated five minutes before his father got to the table and not one hair out of place. They will sit to dinner together for the first time in months and his father will hear all about Granger.

The mudblood.

The girl he just lost to.

The girl who grabbed his attention and never let go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there we go. First chapter. Dedicated of course to the lovely @hepburnettes for her wonderful fic 'Draconian', if you get anything from this fic- it's this title. Please check it out!

Media is 'She's a Genius' by Jet. For obvious reasons.

I'd marry Dramione or adopt them- whichever becomes legal first.