20 sixth year: entry four

My name is Draco. Would you like to be my friend?

They had ran and will continue running in the night. Not yet heroes, definitely not in Hogwarts. Definitely not him. Maybe not yet. Maybe not ever.

And who would want to be with someone with no name. No great feat to brag about. Not able to achieve his means.

The boy wrote in a stolen moment. Out of whim.

The man who saved him from his failed mission is only human afterall. He needed sleep. But the boy didn't need it- didn't want it. He thrived on being conscious. He doesn't need- want anything that he can't control.

And the greatest wizard who has ever lived was blasted off the Astronomy tower.

The Hogwarts Headmaster who offered him the last shred of salvation.

Albus Dumbledore is dead.

He can hold his thoughts in reins  in every waking moment and ride them out but dreams... dreams are a whole different matter. He doesn't want them. He grew afraid of them. He doesn't want to see what his heart yearns for.

Afterall, the boy with the pointy face and platinum blonde hair doesn't need anything that he can't have. No use dreaming about it now.

All is well. This is all going according to plan. This too will work in my favor. This is but a minor setback. All is well...

All is well...

All is well...

Even as the last frontier has fallen.

Even as the hand of Death hovered over all of their heads.

Even as the wind sang a quiet countdown.

All is well...

All is well...

All is well...