34 yours in uncertainty|| pt. 1

Don't let her go with Potter and Weasley to the Department of Mysteries. Don't let them go. All of them. Do this at all costs. I can't remember why but just don't allow them to go.

Don't make this hard for all involved. Obviously-- you and her.

Draco's fifteenth year is by far the most frustrating.

He's losing memories of his past life. Those memories that were supposed to help him figure out his next course of action. He's starting to forget names and dates. Faces are staying but events are getting blurry as hell. The original mission is to prevent Hermione from ingloriously dying at that pedestrian at London. If he has to follow her everywhere he will, but that's still after they finish at Hogwarts, right? But what's supposed to happen next now?

At his frustration, Draco forgot one very important thing about the rule of time. You were never supposed to know what's going to happen next. Every action is a catalyst to another set of events.

It agitated him to no end as he stalked the corridors sulkily with his prefect pin-- a completely good excuse to give out severe punishments for petty misdemeanor.

And that's where Hermione Granger found him, hanging two bawling first year boys by their ankles on the roof of the Astronomy tower just for being loud in the hallway before breakfast.

She gasped and pulled at his sleeve, "Draco, what are you doing? Put them down this instant." Her voice was hushed as to not cause him embarrassment but he did not mind as he was a world away. Her eyes darted from his blasé face, eyes narrowed in concentration as if performing a simple spell to the first years begging for mercy, scared to death from the prospect of falling from the top of the tower.

In fact, Draco did not hear her voice or the cries of the first year students. A static sound has been ringing in his ears the entire time.

In the end, it was up to Hermione to counter his spell and put the children down. He watched impassively as they bawled at her and then ran down the long flight of stairs with a terrified look his way. As if he would throw a hex their way so they would run faster. For a second, his fingers twitched at his wand to do just that.

"What in Merlin's name was that?" Hermione fumed, her arms crossed at her chest. Her cheeks get ridiculously pink when she's mad at him, the very same hue they become when they are breathing each other's air. It makes his mind go to other things.

"Merlin was a Slytherin, do you--"

"Yes, he was and so was V-Voldemort," she winced at the sound of pure evil coming from her own mouth. "And I don't think Merlin had a phase where all he could do was torment children by hanging them by their ankles all over various parts of the castle. Draco, you're a prefect now--"

"And I am exercising my power," the words tasted like steel on his tongue. It sounded like what his father would say. Yet it sounded good. Power will always be more than appealing.

Hermione's strawberry colored lip curled and her eyes narrowed into slits, "That's the most disgusting thing I've ever heard." She shook her head, her light brown hair catching the light of the early morning sun. Draco used to remember it glow-- a shade almost close to gold-- but it was dull now somehow. "You're using power as an excuse to experiment on children that haven't even learned to properly hold a wand yet. Maybe you should take on someone your own size for a change."

He raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

Hermione was already raising her wand. "If I win, you'll turn over your prefect pin and if you win, then I'll-- I'll turn over mine. You've had enough of this."