21 seventh year: entry five

Everything is where it should be...

Everything is in it's rightful place...

I am fine...

Everything...

The ink on the pages blurred as droplets of liquid fell from the boy's ashen eyes. He has a pointy face to begin with but  his cheekbones have become more protruded as of lately from not finding time to eat rather than not having the means- that had never been the case to him. The boy had on aristocratic clothes- ironed twice before given to him because they had to be perfect. Everything had to be perfect. There was no smudge, no flaw, no dirt on him except for the dried up blood that has accumulated on his lower lip- from all the anxious biting. He just can't rid of the newly acquired habit to the point that everything he ate (if he ever) started to taste metallic.

And the boy's platinum blonde hair was sleek- not a strand out of place.

Nothing is out of place.

Nothing.

Everything is where it should be...

And Dumbledore thought that he can't do it, that he is not one of them, that he was not marked, that perhaps he has a choice- that maybe- maybe he would choose to side with them. The losers.

Hell, he just watched as Charity Burbage was killed hanging in the air like a chandelier. Guess no more Muggle lessons then. No more fairy tales. No more Cinderella, Snow White or some stupid exhibitionist emperor. Tales of Beedle the Bard made more sense anyway.

They'll lose. The Dark Lord is coming for them.

Everything is in it's rightful place...

He can't side with the loser. He's a winner. He's a Malfoy.

Don't think about her. Don't. Don't. Don't. Don't let them see- they are so close. Don't. Don't.

Why jump to a sinking ship without a captain?

The greatest wizard of all time is dead, he's dead. Dead. By Snape's hand. It should have been the boy- he's not sure what would have been the worse fate.

You're not returning to Hogwarts anyway so why bother?

"Draco..."

I am fine. I am fine. I am fine.

The pounding headaches intensified, like a ramming bull on the last door of a siege. Don't let the walls down, don't let them in, don't surrender. Don't. Never...

The scratching of the quill against the journal become more and more erratic. Desperate. Even as the ink ran out he didn't dare dip it in the bottle. It will break the rhythm. It will slow him down. Maybe if he wrote it down a thousand, a million times then maybe. Just maybe.

If he saw it as often, thought of it as constantly then maybe. Just maybe...

...He will come to believe it.

"Draco... Come to your master..."

"I am here, My Lord."

At the very least, the boy is certain of this one fact, that if his forefathers would have been in this scene, all of them would have been proud- very proud of the ashen eyed boy with the pointy face.

And for now that will do.

As long as that holds up.

And the boy felt the walls of his mind quake.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola again! Double update tonight because we reached half time. Yup, half time. So if y'all are planning on giving up on this fic because we're slow and Draco just starts to feel like the emo boyfriend you dumped in high school then we'd be really sad and become more emo. Hahaha!

Song up top is 'Monster' by Imagine Dragons. I love them so much- this song is bgm forever when I go cookie thieving. XD

Dedicated to AngieSoccer because I don't think I have dedicated a chapter to her before and she's always here. :)

I want to dedicate a chapter to everyone at least once! >.< Thank you so much for the 7,100+ reads and almost 600 stars! Please do comment and tell me what you think, it always makes my day. Cheers!