3 third year: third letter

Granger,

Draco glared at the witch who just entered running in the classroom. Her cheeks flushed from the exertion, her curly hair bushier than usual and her skin... Her skin just a shade darker. It reminded him of caramel, he felt his mouth water at the clear image in his mind of his favorite sweet. His favorite out of anything and everything that they had and will ever come up with. And maybe it tastes just as sweet. He felt his stomach clench at the thought. A snigger beside him brought him back to reality.

"Will it really explode on her face?" chuckled Goyle. His bulking minion has no understanding of the words 'disappear in smoke'- cannot comprehend something as elegant as his new Upensmokers. Goyle and Crabbe will only get it if you supplement a sentence with the words 'BANG' and 'KABOOM'.

"Of course it will," Draco sneered. He dipped his quill in the bottle of ink before writing in the enchanted parchment. His newest purchase from Zonko's, a parchment that will disappear in smoke after the receiver reads the message. He watched her arrange all her notes and books on her desk for their Transfiguration class. He looked at her black robe, bits of what seemed like orange cat fur was stuck on her shoulder. Her robes slipped a bit in her haste, exposing her sun kissed forearms. There's that word again. Sun kissed.

Kissed.

Draco just had his first kiss. He had it a week before they came back to Hogwarts for this term. Every single one of his goons knew all the exaggerated details of course. When in reality it felt like his lips touched a piece of parchment needing a signature.

His father introduced him to a girl and asked him to show her around the manor. A pureblooded girl. A second year. Daughter of one of the school governors. Someone his father would approve of.

It was the same tactic. Back when he was younger, his father would introduce him to boys the same age as him. Pure blood boys. They naturally became his friends.

He had no choice in the matter.

Granger though... when had she been involved in this?

Whoever else he'd kiss next is out of his hands as well. She'd have to be pure blood and his father would have to approve.

There was that all too familiar dull ache in his chest as he wrote.

You just gave me the answer to the age old question of what the cat dragged in.

He smirked to himself for the clever choice of words. Crabbe looked over his shoulder and laughed even though Draco knows that Crabbe has no inkling of what he just wrote. Granger, however, Granger will understand. Afterall, she is-

What?

Don't say smart. Don't say intelligent. Don't say knowledgable. Definitely don't say clever.

You're not allowed to admire a mudblood. Cause you're a...

Malfoy

He signed the note finally and gave the note to Crabbe who most happily did his bidding. Walking proudly down the aisle to put the note on top of the book Hermione was busily reading. She was so focused that she didn't notice until the small piece of parchment fell on her lap.

Draco wondered what it would be like to be looked at with such focus. Her eyes trailing at him and only him. He felt his heartbeat quicken.

He nudged her with his elbow at the start of the term because he noticed that her hair has turned almost blonde, a shade lighter than brown and it sparkled when the rays of the sun hit it. Almost like gold. He wanted to make a snark remark about it just to see her blush. But what in Merlin's name did she do? She came a-running towards Saint Potter and the Weasel. Like she didn't even notice his presence when he just touched her.

He watched in anticipation as she picked up the note with her fingers. Her lips- for a moment his gaze stayed on them- moved swiftly as she read the note. Then before anyone knew it the note was gone in a huge puff of smoke and powder and she stomping angrily towards him.

"MALFOY!" She screamed as she got nearer. Saint Potter and The Weasel are yet to arrive, no one is yet to intervene. Everything's going according to his plan.

"Granger," he smiled as he saw that some of the lilac colored powder has settled on her lower lip. It was more than tempting to use his thumb to brush it off. "Rough morning?"

"Clearly, I was wrong when I thought that you have better things to do with your time," her eyes bore angrily at him. It was a rush. There was no on else in her vision, just him. Even though he just painted her vision red and if it wasn't against the school rules he had long took his last breath.

"But when are you ever right, Granger?" This ignited a round of chortles and laughs from the Slytherin part of the classroom. Draco felt annoyed as he noticed that her gaze had started to shift to the others. "Ran out of wit? Care for me to loan you some?"

Because he has as much tricks, as he has gold. Abounding.

Amber eyes locked on him, her lips curled defiantly. "Cat? Is that the worse you can come up with?"

The door opened and Professor McGonagall walked in, looking as stern as ever. "Everyone to their seats!"

Hermione leaned in so only Draco could hear her. "Do you know what the dementors brought with them?" She jabbed a finger on the Slytherin badge on his robe, straight to his heart. Her breath was silky and warm against his cheek and when she drew back it took effort for him not to pull her back to him.

"Miss Granger, everyone to their seats- no exceptions!"

"I'm sorry, Professor. But Draco is very much interested on how one might end up in Azkaban."

Professor McGonagall tutted, "Mister Malfoy, why might you be interested? Dreaming of ending up there too?" She rolled her eyes at them. "Miss Granger," she started again, "to your seat please."

But Hermione didn't move right away. Clearly she was more than affected. She leaned again towards him, their lips almost touched, his eyes were on the bits of lavender colored powder on her moist lips. Draco was speechless. "Maybe you should ask your father to buy your way into that too."

Draco Malfoy was just schooled twice by Hermione Granger.

The M word lingered on his lips but surely it will ruin the moment and will earn him a detention. Emphasis on the detention. So, instead he settled on watching her walk back to her seat. She has become taller but so did he and he knows that if ever she confronted him while he was standing, he will tower over her.

The notion excited him. It drone out the lesson and the laughter of his peers.

He looked at his arm as he wrote, at the pale skin in the inner side of his forearm. He just wrote a third letter and swore that if he did, he'd scratch himself raw. If it was according to their class in Divination...

It was worth it. Definitely, decidedly so.

Out of all the jeers that erupted from their side of the class, it was Hermione's gaze and her breath that stayed with him. Her eyes only at him. For a fraction of time. And he wondered what she saw...

Potter and the Weasel stormed into the classroom taking their seat beside her.

And the spell was broken.

...probably just a bunch of bollocks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo, I originally intend this to just be letters but where the hell is the fun in that, right? (no offense to letter fics) So, I went ahead and gave it a body. And also because I noticed that almost every other Dramione fic was either post Hogwarts or something to do with letters. So, here you go. :)

Song at the top is 'Kiss Me' by New Found Glory. Just to have a soundtrack to what's been going on in Draco's mind in this chapter. He's too punk rock for his own good, to be honest.

Dedicated to the amazing Just247th for her encouraging words. I seriously thought no one was reading this and she gave me hope. Thank you so much!

Yours in Mayhem |DramioneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara