alternate ending one: words

The boy is a trust fund baby. Raised like a prince by people who deemed themselves royals because of names and bloodlines. He has gray eyes-- always calculating, always cold, always cruel. He wore a locket of ruby red in his neck. It had been with him for as long as he can remember but everytime he tried to ask someone of it. Words fail him. They always do.

The girl is as normal as girls who can wave their hands and move things with their minds. As normal as girls with hair that can only be matched her big brain and even more massive attitude. She was kind but not stupid, innocent but practical, and fair but always has a need to be right. She wore a locket of ruby red in her neck. It had been with her for as long as she can remember but everytime she tried to ask someone of it. Words fail her. They always do.

The boy and the girl will met each other and immediately hate the other. It was mutual. All of it.

Or as the story goes.

But they will always question as to why they always find themselves looking at each other or finding ways to bump into each other.

There was a spot in her heart that breaks everytime she sees that devil sent smirk, that lighter than light hair, that pompously arrogant gait.

There was a small spot in his cold heart that swells and warms up everytime he steals a glimpse of her warm smile, that terribly self stubborn nose, that bigger than life hair. Merlin, what does it feel like to run his hands on it? To have all of that in his possession, right in his arms?

This and much more surely might just be curiosity. Surely. And maybe a little bit of annoyance surely.

Surely not adoration. That would just be absurd.

Surely not infatuation. That would be such an inconvenience.

Surely. Surely not love. Surely not love. Surely not love. Surely. For that would be death.

The world revolved. History wrote itself. Doors and windows opened as fate allowed.

Some to each others' worlds.

Just so. Just so they can walk in.

To put themselves in each other's paths.

But when the time came when they have to ask the important questions. Say the important things. The words fail them. They always will.

The lockets around their necks glowed fiercely still.

But they are no longer characters in the same story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! So this is the alternate ending if Hermione chose to just wear the Slytherin's timeturner and prevent Draco from dying. This would have been Chapter 40 :(

I know y'all would have straight up pushed me in front of the Hogwarts Express if this was what went down. That'd be lit though. XD

Song up top is 'Hotel Ceiling' by Rixton. Coz I love them and it kindda fits.

Oh, and quick sidenote. I've just started this Colin Creevey fanfic called 'Dear Bright Eyes' and I hope you guys will check it out. But only if you want to, I'm not forcing you or anything. :)