Chapter 4

Copyright © Marci Marie 2016

Eric opened the file looking at the words on the sheet but not really absorbing the content. His mind had been on the same thing all day. Tamara Deluca. Why he couldn't get her out of his head was mind boggling. Maybe because fucking her had been like an adventure. Fun and exciting. He couldn't remember ever feeling so satisfied and eager to do it again with the same person it was an exploration into the unknown. He wanted to hunt her down and lock her up. Her leaving like she did just made him want her more. She had awaken something primitive in him . And for the life of him he didn't know whether it was good or bad. He had a day and a half left before he returned to New York and he wanted to find a way to see Tamara before he left. He sent her Begonia of all flowers. It was different. Shit when had he become so hard up. He need a distraction maybe he just cut his ties early and just go home.

"Earth to Eric come in I need you back on the planet now so we can go over your schedule." Ian stood waving his hand in front of Eric face.

"I'm here on the planet Ian. "Well I know your body is here but you mind is up in the clouds." Eric looked up at his brother giving him a lopsided grin. I'm just looking over these case files."

"Yeah right tell me anything. I just grew up with you." Eric knew it was useless trying to hide anything from Ian he was his brother and friend. Plus he was his manager/ publicist." He made sure that things ran efficiently and that he was in the right place at the right time. "You know you and Tamara made not only local news but national this morning. Sexy Cop nabs Love Doc It's really catchy. " Eric took the paper that Ian offered that had him and Tamara getting into the limo in the alley."You think."

"Actually I do since I leaked it to the press."Eric watch as Ian walked over to the bar getting a beer from the refrigerator popping the top taking a swig.

"Why would you do that. Tamara has a life a career. She's a detective this story could jeopardized her job Ian." Eric stood throwing the paper on the table his eyes flashing dangerously at his brother.

"Look this is good publicity you're not some con she will benefit from this moment of fame believe me. Ian walked over to Eric placing a hand on his shoulder. "It's good press and we both know it will only last until the next girl comes along like next week when you're back in New York during fashion week." Eric hoped that it didn't interfere with her duties as a cop. " Did you leak out that I was going to be at the engagement party too. Eric followed Ian as he sat down on couch. " It's my job Eric and I'm not going to apologize for doing it."

"Dammit Ian give me a break sometimes. I would like a break from the paparazzi."

" You two actually make an attractive couple. It would be nice to have the Love Doc get serious with someone."

"That's not going to happen"

"I think it would be good for the show. I mean you give advice about relationships but you remain single."

" I remain single for a good reason relationships require a lot of time and with my schedule I couldn't keep a woman happy. We would fight all the time because I spent more time with my work then her."

If you loved that person you would make time. It would be great for ratings I can see it now the Love Doc has finally found a love of his own."

" I don't do love Ian people get hurt when feelings are involved."

"How can you talk to couples about love and trust and working things out when you're afraid of taking a chance on that very thing."

"I'm not afraid of falling in love. I just don't think I have what it takes to be in a relationship where I'm committed to someone."