7 | Nala

Megan was waiting for me by the time the cab pulled up to her house. It was Thursday and four days since she last asked me about how the plan was going.  I only had one encounter with Carsen and as far as Megan was concerned, that wasn't enough.

She was standing with her arms crossed over her chest, her lips pressed together and her eyes obscured by a pair of black avitaors, but I could tell she was burning a hole through me from where I stood. Her shoulder-length hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail. Her bikini look tailored for her body, a body which was perfect. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling intimidated by her.

I paid for my cab and made my way over to Megan. I looked around for any paparazzi and when my eyes landed back on Megan she was smirking at me.

"What?"

"I can't believe you actually took the cab... that's so ordinary people."

"Good thing I'm so ordinary then." I reply.

"I've never taken a cab before. I've always had a personal driver."

"You said you wanted to take me somewhere?" I asked, cutting to the point. The last thing I wanted to hear about was her privileged life-style.

Megan dug into her purse and pulled out two articles of clothing and held it out to me. "You have five minutes to change into this."

I took the bikini out of her hand and inspected it. It was... revealing. "Why do I need this?"

"You're going to a fourth of July party Carsen is throwing.  We can't let his attention drift."

"But how did you get me in? Isn't there some exclusive list to these kind of things?"

She grinned and it was almost scary how beautiful she was. "I'm allowed a plus one."

"Well I guess I'm going to a pool party."

"Yacht. You're going to a yacht party."

I nodded my head and tightened my grasp on the bathing suit. I didn't like the style of it all. I just got used to the idea of constantly being alone with the guy, now I'd have to parade around and show off my body to him.

I changed into the bathing suit along with the white cover-up which didn't cover up anything since it was lace. Once I'm done, I clambered inside the monster black hummer that Megan is waiting inside. The ride is short, and soon we're pulling up to the port where I see this stunning, massive yacht.

Before we could board the yacht, a heavy-set African-American man came over to us. He held neon fliers in his hands and looked down at them then up at me. A slow crooked grin appeared on his lips. "Aye yo, I guess you won't be needing one of these." He held away the fliers he was about to give me.

Curious, I hold my hand out for one. "What is it?"

Wordlessly, he hands me a flier and I began to read.

Want to remember what it was like to be a kid and all that mattered was making music? Want to make a difference in a child's life the same way your favorite artist/musician did for you growing up? I do. Come join me in weekly lessons where we will teach children the fundamental of music. From song-writing, vocal lessons, and teaching them how to play instruments. Come hang out with kids who just like you, only had a voice and a dream. Remember, we all started from nothing.

First day of classes begins at 3:00 p.m- 5:00 P.M on Tuesdays and Thursday at Easton Elementary School inside the music room.

There was a picture of music notes wrapped around a microphone, piano, and guitar in the center. A picture of me and one of Carsen next to me with his hands in his pockets. In clear black font at the bottom was the address of the school and a number to call and or text for more information and to reserve your appearance for this coming Tuesday.