8| Carsen

My impact on people impresses me sometimes. It was Tuesday, the first day of the mentoring program, better known as Rising Star, and the outcome was amazing. I knew the fliers and tweets would spread the word fast.

By next week we might have to relocate.

Besides the kids, artists who volunteered to help was also a good turn out. Lots of good friends showed up, including my beautiful friend Sienna Rivers, who I personally invited. I was hoping that bringing Sienna would get Nala's attention. She acted as if she wasn't interested, but seeing how she acts towards Sienna with me would confirm if she was playing hard to get or not.

Taking Sienna's hand, I lead her into the music room where the first meeting of Rising Star was being held.

Smiling, I felt like a master ready to lead his cult.

Upon my entrance the crowed cheered and clapped. I smiled and waved but kept pushing forward until I close in on Nala, Basil, Nixon, and his girlfriend Vanessa who were standing around talking.

"Hey guys, impressive turn out right?"

Nala turned to face me and immediately her eyes go downward as she stares at me and Sienna's hands.

"Carsen, Hey." She said, as she slowly brought her gaze up to look me in the eyes.

I let go of Sienna's hand and walked over and hugged Nala and Vanessa.

"Didn't I tell you this would be a hit?" I playfully poked Nala in her rib. She didn't even jump and she gave me a fake smile before looking away. Was she jealous? Deciding to push her just a little, I drape an arm over Sienna's shoulder and tug her body close to me. "Basil, Nix, Nessa, you guys already know Sienna. But Nala, allow me to introduce you to my good friend and fellow artist, Sienna Rivers.  She's one of the greatest singers in our generation and our program will definitely be a hit with her involved."

Nala forced herself to look in Sienna's direction and smile as she reluctantly held out a hand for her to shake. "It's nice to meet you. Thank you so much for being here today. The kids will definitely appreciate it. Excuse me please." Nala walked off to where the food and drinks were being set up.

Pleased with her reaction, I look over to Nixon and Basil who both shared a look of disapproval before making excuses to leave until Sienna and I were alone.

Sienna turned to me, crossed her arms against her chest and stared at me knowingly.

"What?"

"Why were you making me sound like the greatest singer to come up since Whitney Houston to that girl?" Sienna asked with accusation in her voice. "I mean I'm good, but nowhere near that good."

"Don't downplay your talent. You're an incredible singer," I tell her truthfully. "Go ahead and find a seat up front. We're about to get started."

I walked over and stood in the front of the room, scanning the people that came out. I couldn't help but smile as I saw a few little boys in the crowed who looked to be about my age when I was signed.  They were kids of all races and ages. Blacks. Whites. Hispanics. Every single one of them with untapped talent and dreams of making it to Hollywood. I was looking forward to seeing who I was gonna work with personally when all this was done.

Raising a finger to my lips, I signaled for everyone to calm down. It took a minute for all the cheering to stop but finally I had everyone's attention.

"Hey what's up everybody, I'm Cole Asher and welcome to the kick off of Rising Star. The first ever music program founded by me, Cole Asher,  for undiscovered talents like yourself. Now, you're all here for the same reason-