21 | Nala

It doesn't matter how old you are, going back to school after a long break doesn't get any easier.

After hitting the snooze button on my phone three times, I finally blink my eyes awake, taking a much needed minute to let my eyes adjust to the sudden brightness and also give my brain time to accept the fact that I was going back to school.

     A lot has changed in eight weeks, like the fact that I have a boyfriend who just happens to be the most famous man on the planet.

I turn my head, seeing him fast asleep on his stomach, his head and nose buried in his pillow. The black satin sheets cover him waist down leaving his shirtless back exposed for my eyes only and I can't help but admire the Bible scripture behind his right shoulder.

     Erasing what little distance there is between us already, I lean in and press a kiss to the scripture which results in Carsen waking up. His eyelids slowly flutters open and I'm blessed with the sight of his whiskey colored eyes.

"How is it possible that you're so beautiful even in the mornings?"

"It's not. You're just half awake." I say, grinning just before Carsen pulls me underneath him with his body hovered over me.

Is this really how I'm starting my day? Eight weeks ago I was in my tiny bedroom waking up to my alarm going off and and listening to a podcast, and now I'm waking up in a mansion in a bedroom the size of my apartment in bed with the most gorgeous and sweetest man on the planet.

It just doesn't seem real.

"Good morning," Carsen grumbles in his sexy ass sleepy voice.

"Good morning handsome." I run my fingers through his hair. "I like waking up like this." I admit.

"Me too."

"I need to start getting ready for class." I say once reality creeps in about what today is and how much time I'm letting pass by.

Carsen bury his head in the nape of my neck in response, his warm breath tickles my shoulder and I playfully run my fingers through his hair, wishing we could stay like this forever.

Carsen kisses my shoulder blade before lifting his head and staring down at me. "Alright. Go get that degree so you can make us some money." Carsen gently snacks my thigh and I roll my eyes at his silliness before flinging the covers off of me and going to the bathroom to get ready.

I'm still standing in the bathroom doing my makeup when Carsen leans against the open doorframe.

"You're taking forever and a day." He complains, seeing how he's the one that's dropping me off at school.

"And you don't mind." I reply, leaning over enough to peck his lips.

"I guess not. Especially when you look this good."
For the occasion, I wore tight fitting denim skinny jeans, a white ruffled top and my signature white converse.

But I wasn't the only one looking good this morning. After I showered and changed, Carsen jumped into the shower and got ready himself, dressing in black jeans and a white tee under a black leather jacket. He had rehearsals for a live show that would air later on this week.

Our worlds couldn't be anymore different.

"Okay, I'm ready." I say, twisting the cap of lipgloss shut.

"Do I need to worry about these college boys trying to steal you from me?" Carsen asks, stepping backwards to give me room when I walk out the bathroom.