9| Nala

Whether Carsen meant any of the things he said in his speech at the opening of the club didn't matter, it was still impressive as hell. The kids bought into it and I didn't think it was possible but his fanbase may have fallen in love with him even more. When I went up to introduce myself I didn't receive any love from the crowd and my guess was because I was a girl friend of Carsen and it was made clear by his fans that I was a threat.

I was still trying to wrap my head around his introduction of his friend that he brought with him. What did he gain from that? I was the first one to agree that guys and girls can be friends but there is no way that Cole and Sienna's relationship was strictly platonic. The way he held onto her was more intimate then casual. I hated to admit it but he was messing with my head. One minute he was flirting with me then the next he has another girl all over his arm. What the hell was his end game?

It was all I can think about while I watched a movie and Vance finally noticed.

"What's wrong with you?" He paused the movie we were watching.

"Nothing." I shift my body on the couch to more comfortable position.

Vance stared at me, waiting for me to tell the truth.

I bit my lip, fighting the urge to roll my eyes. "Seriously bro. I'm fine."

"I know you're not fine. So tell me what's really going on."

"It's nothing." I tell him again.

"So there is something going on and you just don't want to talk about it."

"There's nothing to talk about."

Vance opens his mouth to protest but thank God my phone rings. I hold a finger before checking the caller I.D.'

"I gotta answer this."

"We're trying to bond here." He motions to the movie where Dylan O' Brian is on the screen.

"We'll continue it when I get back."

"You have five minutes before I continue watching the movie without you." Vance tells me before he pulls out his own cellphone. I uncross my legs and stand up from the couch and walk off into my bedroom before I answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey, so I just finished checking my twitter and this club is trending worldwide. It's the most talked about Carsen has ever been since he got arrested." It was Megan and she was in a good mood. I was almost afraid to bring up Carsen's date.

"Yeah, he was pretty amazing up there." I smile softly, thankful that she couldn't see me. "I'm pretty sure we're gonna need a bigger venue by next week."

"So how are things going between you two?" I knew this was the real reason why she called.

I took a deep breath before telling her the truth. "He brought a date to the meeting so I'm not exactly sure."

"What?" Megan's voice got louder. "He lost interest then. Are they friends? Who was she?" She demands.

"He introduced her as one but I know they had to be more at one point. The way she-"

"You're fucking this up Nala. Why hasn't he asked you out yet?"

"He did... I think."

"You have one job. One. I swear if you're thinking of screwing me over-"

"Megan, calm down. Carsen likes me. He flirts with me every chance he gets and he even asked me out to celebrate the success of the program. Trust me, I have this all under control. He's just trying to get in my head, you don't have to worry." I'm sure Carsen thinks bringing a date was a power move. Too bad he has no idea I love playing games.