Trouble

(A/N okay, sorry everyone for the length of time this story was stagnant. I was absent from wattpad for so long. But I am trying to write more now that I'm back)

------------ Ranma

It wasn't bad, coming back to school. Seeing people I already knew, but acting like they were strangers. Ryoga wasn't up next to me, which was kind of disconcerting. Not that I needed him to have my back or hold my hand. But at least he knew and understood my situation.

When he told me that we were friends earlier, I was really surprised. I had expected him to reject the idea and just forget about me like everyone else seemed to be doing. It made me happy, hearing him say that. Maybe life as a girl wouldn't be so bad.

I was walking with Ryoga when lunch time came, discussing how I didn't have a lunch, or the money to buy something.

"I could, get you something" He was saying. But I didn't really want to take advantage of him. I was tempted, yeah, but still, no.

Then I spotted Akane. But not just her, Ukyo too. A feeling like dread caught me, instinct told me to flee.

"Ryoga, uh, something just came up. Could you, go on without me?"

"O-okay Ranko" Ryoga said, sounding caught off guard and even more surprised as I started to hurry off. Ukyo spotted me and called out my name. I started running, hearing both her and Akane giving chase.

They called out my name, telling me to stop. I didn't think that was a good idea.

I looked back for just a moment, seeing that they were a great deal behind me and maybe I could take a rest. Then I ran into something hard. Falling down, I rubbed my head, looking up to see what it was.

"Fool!" He started off "to run into me, you must really have a...* Kuno's voice trailed off when he saw me. "Pigtailed girl?! Could it be? You've come to apologize and beg me for another date? Well" he paused, smiling smugly "I think I might be able to make time for you. So if you're so desperate to go out with me, I'll allow it."

Kuno, always so annoying. I refrained from gagging, as I quickly stood up and went around him. "H-hey!" He said following after me. "Didn't you hear me? I'm accepting your proposal to go on a date with you."

"As much as I'd love to, I have other things to deal with right now. Bye Kuno." I turned the corner, leaving him behind. But I slowed down, starting to really wonder why I was running away from Ukyo.

She wouldn't be happy, finding out I was a girl. She was another girl who had wanted to be my fiance.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. An exchange of fists and words and she'd be fine. Would go back to her old school and leave me behind.

So I stopped, and waited for them to come around the corner. And they did, a minute later.

"Ranma" Ukyo said, slightly out of breath. "Why did you run away from me?"

Looking now at her, she didn't seem angry at all. Just a little annoyed that I ran off as soon as I saw her.

"Uh, heh, sorry Ukyo. I was surprised when I saw you, is all. And maybe I was just thinking that you'd kill me for what happened."

"Kill you? Of course not." She shook her head. "Actually, I'm kind of relieved. I mean, I love you Ranma, but sometimes it could be so hard. Especially with Akane."

"Why you blaming me all of a sudden?" Akane said deffencively.

"It doesn't really matter now. The point is, I want to know if the two of us can still be friends. Is that okay Ranma?"