Uncertain

Two weeks pass...

------------ Ryoga

"Say Ah Ryoga." Akane said, holding her chopsticks out for me to take a bite. I blush, still not used to her feeding me. 

"Woah, you two should really get a room." Ukyo says, throwing a bunched up, and hopefully clean, napkin at my arm. Her actions teasing. But it made me and Akane blush more.

"Ukyo, it's not that bad." Ranma said, her back was to me as she spoke. "That's what couples do anyway." She turns towards me and Akane, wearing a small pleasant smile. "They can't help but act like newlyweds." She jokes. The two snicker together.

Did we really look like newlyweds? It made me feel more embarrassed. But I was happy with my relationship anyway, even with the teasing everyone gave me.

Ukyo and Ranma leave before us, heading back to class. The two seemed to have gotten much closer over the past two weeks. I think it's really good for them.  After cleaning up our meal, I grab hold of Akane's hand. The more I can keep hold of her, the more I can confirm it's real and not a dream.

My life is going well. My relationship with Akane is surely getting even better too. I think I'm on a good road. Nothing could possibly change this...

That's what I thought as time passed again. I didn't count the days. And didn't notice the changes in the people around me. My eyes weren't fully open.

"Time to wake up Ryoga." Came Ranma's loud voice from the otherside of my bedroom door. Our rooms weren't very far away from each other. And Mr. Saotome was... somewhere. I don't actually know where he's been sleeping. Which is kind of unsettling. 

Dressing quickly, I exit my room to the empty kitchen. Turning my head towards the door to see the last strands of red as Ranma disappeared. We haven't walked to school together for awhile. Not since me and Akane have been dating officially. I miss it sometimes.

I retrieve my schoolbag and took the bento lunch Ranma prepared for me. I think she treated cleaning and cooking as her payment for living with me. I appreciated it but, I never asked her to do it.

"You seem kind of down today." Akane observed as we walked to school. "Did something happen? No problems with Ranko, right?"

"I don't think so?" I sigh softly. "It feels like she hates me though. And we never talk anymore, so I have no idea if I did something or not. It's kind of been on my mind for awhile now."

Akane steps forward ahead of me, walking backwards as she continues the conversation. "Problems with Ranko. She can be pretty stubborn you know. But," She stops for a moment, and I stop in front of her, confused. "Today after school, she's going to be on the roof. You can talk to her there."

"Uh..." I started. "How do you know this?" I question.

"A little birdie told me." she smiles, starting to walk again.

"What? A little birdie?" I follow after her.

As the hours passed and a lunch hour with just me and Akane. No Ukyo or Ranma, but I came to expect that. Ranma had been avoiding me to an extreme.

The last bell rang, my nerves were on high alert. I felt a little like I was on my way to a fight. Maybe that's why Akane told me that? Because Ranma wanted to fight me? We hadn't sparred at all since she... was cured. The thought of a fight did excite me some though.

Mounting the stairs, I made my way up to the roof. Greeted by the back of a girl. The red braid revealing the identity of the person. "Ranma?" I call, walking closer.

Ranma turns, a straightforward kind of expression on her face. "Hi Ryoga." She greets without much more than that. I come to stand in front of her. "Thank you for coming." Her speech is much more polite and distant than normal. If I didn't see her mouth move, I might have mistaken the voice for someone else.