Feelings of a girl

------------ Ranma

I made my way to my room. Feeling just as bad as before. No matter how much I tried to cheer myself up, all I could produce were fake smiles. I knew I had to be strong and supportive, but seeing Akane with Ryoga just made my heart ache.

I reached my room and just laid down on my bed, tired but not able to sleep. Was it still alright to sleep in the same room with my dad? Now that I was a girl? One night wouldn't kill me. I should be fine.

It was silent and I still couldn't sleep after an hour. Pop was probably still playing a game with Soun downstairs so wouldn't be up for a while. Where was Ryoga going to sleep tonight? That is, if he was still staying over. Not in Akane's room, I hoped. But what did it matter to me? I didn't care that Akane was going out with someone else.

I sighed and stood up. No point in just laying there if I couldn't even sleep. I exited through my window and sat on the roof. Looking up at the moon. I thought I was alone till I heard my name.

"Ranma? What are you doing up here?" I turned to see Akane peering at me from the other side of the roof.

"Oh, hi Akane. I couldn't sleep so I came up here."

"You too? I don't know what it is, but I've been feeling restless the entire time you guys were gone. Worried, I guess. But are you really okay? With being a girl and all?" She looked concerned.

"It's not like I can do much about it, Akane. I didn't choose to stay a girl. Something just happened and the curse didn't lift in the way I wanted it to. There is something I wanted to tell you. I'm sorry for all the times I called you uncute. I was being a jerk. You really are a cute girl. Even if you are a tomboy."

She laughed. "Oh Ranma. You really have changed. Not only your gender, but your a lot nicer. You really are a girl."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I accused her.

"Oh, nothing Ranma. Or Ranko, if you prefer that. I think you and I could be good friends."

We were both silent. "So, where will I be sleeping from now on? I can't stay with my dad forever. Also, what about Ryoga?"

"Ryoga is actually taking over your room. I should have told you so earlier. Since he is a guy, that is the best place for him. You could sleep there too, but I don't think you should. Being a girl and all."

I smiled and looked over at her. "I'm like you now, you know. A tomboy who's into martial arts. I don't feel comfortable sleeping in the same room with Ryoga. Um, would it be alright if I stayed in your room?"

I could see her face redden. "Are you absolutely sure you can't turn back? That your not still a perverted boy? Because I don't want you in my room if you are."

"Akane, I can't turn back into a guy. But if you have a problem, or want me to prove it, then be my guest. I needed a hot bath anyway."

"Okay Ranko, then take a hot bath, and if your still a girl, then come to my room. You can even sleep in my bed if you don't want the floor."

I smiled. "Thanks Akane. I'll do just that."

After my bath, I joined Akane in her room. Like she said, she allowed me on her bed. I was still feeling shy about it. I never had slept with a girl. I had slept with guys but that was to be expected. When I laid down, I kept my distance from her and fell asleep easily in the comfy bed.

In the morning, I sat up. Akane was still asleep so I had to wake her up. When she was up, she started going through her closet, mumbling about finding an outfit for me. "Todays your first day of school as a girl and I want you to actually look presentable. You took a long vacation but I'm sure not too many will mind not seeing Ranma. Kuno sure won't."

"No doubt about that." I stood and came over to her. "Here, let me help. I want to look good too." While we looked through the clothes, a knock came. I was still in my night clothes, but I doubted it mattered. Everyone has already seen me like this, wouldn't hurt anyone.

"Would it be okay if I walked you to school, Akane?" It was Ryoga's voice.

"No problem, Ryoga. Ranko's going to be with us but probably not Nabiki."

"Oh, that's fine Akane. As long as I can be with you." He was acting all mushy, as is normal for him.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to come with us? Do you really want Kuno to attack you with the belief that you are the new Ranma, come to keep him away from Akane and his pig-tailed girl?" I said, coming to stand by Akane.

He looked up at me, taking in my night clothes and bedhead. "You slept in Akane's room?" He asked, almost in disbelief.

"Oh, relax, I'm a girl now, remember? It doesn't matter if I sleep in the same room with another girl."

"Well I guess your right. Anyway, I'll see you later Akane!" He waved goodbye and headed downstairs.

"Lets get back to picking your outfit." Akane said, turning to the closet. I came to help her. When she was finally satisfied with what we had chosen, I got dressed and we went down for breakfast.

I watched everyone take in my girly clothes. I think I even blushed a little. Some of my observers were guys after all. Even if one was my father. I was wearing a pretty pink dress and had a small white ribbon holding up my hair.

"You look even more like a girl than usual, Ranma. Maybe that's the work of the Spring." Katsumi said as she poured out tea for everyone.

"Um, thanks I guess." I replied as I sat down next to Akane. Everyone was quiet this morning, and I could feel eyes on me throughout breakfast.

When the time to leave came, the four of us stood up. Nabiki left with a simple goodbye and me and Akane headed up to get our school bags while Ryoga was downstairs. As we made our way to the door, I could here my old man and Suon talking in hushed tones. I paused for a momet to listen.

"You know what this means, don't you, Saotome?" Suon said.

I could here my father sigh. "I understand, it makes sense that you would say that"

"Ranko?" Akane called seeing I had stopped. I looked up.

"I'm coming." I started walking away, pausing to look back. What could they possibly be discussing?

I walked behind Ryoga and Akane, listening as Ryoga tried to flirt. He wasn't very good at it. But at least it made me smile. I was a third wheel now. Not needed and rarely noticed. They would not know it if I slipped away. So I decided on a different path to school. It took me a little out of the way, but that was fine.

When I stepped onto the school grounds, I immediately regretted it. I should have gone to a different entrance. One less used. Because standing there, gawking at me, was Kuno. And he started running in slowmotion toward me.

"Pigtailed girl!" He shouted. And as soon as he was in range, I shoved my foot in his face.

"Not so fast Kuno. You can't touch me. I'm a girl after all."

Kuno rubbed his face and looked at me. "I know my sweet pigtailed girl! And that is why I want you to be mine!" He came at me again. I kicked him in the face again. He was always so insistent.

"I don't think so. And you know, my name is Ranko. Not pigtailed girl"

"So my love has a name?! Fantastic! Now Ranko, will you date with me?" He said, bowing.

I rolled my eyes, putting my fist to his face. "The answer is no!" I called to him as he flew through the air. He would be back of course. Kuno always was.