Akane

------------ Ryoga

Walking with Akane was just as I always had imagined it. Her smiling kindly, eyes never leaving mine. It felt so wonderful. Despite that, it felt like something was missing. It took the entire time until we reached the school that I realized Ranma was missing. I looked back, stopping in the middle of our conversation. Ranma was nowhere to be seen.

Akane stopped, "What's the matter?" She asked, turning to see what I was looking at.

"It's Ranko, where did she go?"

"Oh," Akane said, finally realizing that she wasn't there. "Maybe she decided to ditch school? It wouldn't surprise me. It's still Ranma, after all."

I hesitated before nodding. "Yeah, your right."

We then turned our attention back to the school, continuing our conversation. But before we could enter the school, Kuno just happened to fall down in front of us.

"What?! Kuno?!" Akane exclaimed, taking in Kuno and his beaten-up look.

Kuno looked up, brushing himself off. When he spotted Akane, he immediately grabbed her hand and gazed in her eyes. "My sweet Akane. How nice it is that so many girls have been paying me visits. Of course, that's to be expected. I am irresistible."

Akane glared at him and then growled. "Kuno!" With a swift and powerful fist, she landed a punch in Kuno's face. He went flying over the school. "I swear, that guy sometimes."

I laughed nervously, not quite sure how to react.

"Lets go Ryoga, don't want to be late for school." Akane said, pulling my arm. I smiled, it was nice being dragged by her.

I hesitated. "Um, is it alright though? I mean, I'm not actually a student here."

Akane paused, looking at me. "Oh, your right. But I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for you to get accepted. That is, if you want to attend."

I blushed, suddenly imagining sitting in class with Akane. "Of course I want to join Furinkan High! If I get to see you everyday, there is no way I would miss any day."

"Oh Ryoga." She said, blushing shyly. "Why don't I take you right to the office? I'm sure Ranko's there too, so you two can get started together." I smiled as she resumed pulling me along. As long as it was with Akane, nothing else mattered.

"And here we are." We stopped infront of a door with 'Principles Office' written over the door. "I'll leave you to it then, Ryoga. If Ranma didn't skip, then she can take you too class. I'm sorry I can't wait for you." Akane was saying.

I could feel sweat coming off me. It was strange, I didn't normally feel so nervous, maybe it was just Akane. I smiled, laughing. "It's fine Akane. I understand. See you later." I waved as she left, then turned back to the door. I took in a deep breath, and walked in.

I solutary old man in a grey suit sat at the desk, papers in hand. The seat in front of him was currently occupied by a redheaded girl. It startled me to see Ranko, didn't expect her to beat me.

The Man at the desk looked up questioningly. "Yes?" He asked.

I cleared my throat. "My name is Ryoga Hibiki and I would like to apply for this school." I bowed respectively.

"Hmm." Was his reply. "That's interesting. Two new students in one day. Are you, by chance, aquainted with Ranko here?" He nodded towards Ranko who was stairing at me.

"Oh, um, yes sir. She's my... friend."

"Then it should be fine if I put you in the same class? Prefered maybe? If you pass the entrance exam, that is."