14. Spin The Bottle

~Ethen's POV~

"Hey man, what do you have right now?" Jesse came up to me and asked at my locker.

"Uh, study Hall. Why?" I shrugged.

"Do you have senior privileges? Because I have study hall too so I was thinking that we could go out back and you know," he leaned in closer so only I could hear him. "Have a few drinks."

We usually go out behind the school and drink or do other stuff. But unfortunately, I lost my senior privileges because I am failing History, and Geometry.

"Sorry man, I can't. I'm failing classes so I'm not allowed to leave my class room." I shut my locker and started walking to my class.

"Ugh. Man, I need a light. You got one?" He held his hand out waiting for me to give him a cigarette.

"Don't have one" I continued walking. He walked faster and stopped in front of me. I came to an immediate stop.

"Why?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Because . . . I quit." I walked around him and continued to my destination.

"What do you mean, you quit?"  He ran up to me and started walking with me with a questioning expression.

"I mean, that I don't smoke anymore. I never liked it. I don't know why I even started in the first place." I added.

I walked into the classroom before he could say any more. I sat down in the corner and took out my books and started doing research for my chemistry project.

***

"Give me it back!" Lexi yelled at me for stealing her phone.

"Come and get it" I lifted my arm so her phone was just out of reach. She reached in the air trying to get it, but finally coming to the conclusion that she was too short. And she couldn't jump because she had a sprained ankle. She huffed and sat down on her bead and crossed her arms over her chest. We decided to come to her house after school to study. Since I promised her that we would study today.

I looked at her phone to see what she was doing. She had it on camera. The frontwards camera for taking self photos. Ugh, girls.

"Really?" I asked pretending to hand her, her phone. When she reached for it pursing her lips, but I snatched it away.

"C'mon," she pouted. "I'll do anything."

"Anything . . .?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

She grunted. "Ya. Just give me my phone!" She reached for it again. I pulled my arm back.

"Like anything anything?"

"Yup" she popped the 'p'. "But nothing dirty." She added quickly.

"Ugh. But then its no fun" I wined. Sitting down on one of the chairs that she had in her room. She shot me a warning look.

I held my pinky out for her to lock it with mine. "Pinky promise?" I raised my eyebrows.

She leaned forward and locked Pinky's with me. I leaned back in my seat.

I smirked, I had an idea. "Ok. So . . . wanna play a game? We would have to bring the others."  I leaned forward in my seat again and rested my elbows on my legs and played with Lexi's phone.

"Will I get my phone back?" She sat up straighter on her bead.

"Only if you play the game." I sat up.

"Fine, what's the game?" She asked trying getting up. I got up to help her to her feet, but stopped me with a hand to my chest.

"I have to learn how to do this on my own." She said trying to push me away. I backed up and let her get up on her own. She had to use her night stand to help her up but she succeeded. She stood on one foot resting the other slightly on the ground. She held onto my shoulder to keep her balance.