19. Something Fishy

~Lexi's POV~

"So how can I help you Miss Jacobs?" Dr. West brought out his notebook and scribbled something in it. He had agreed to meet me at his office.

"You lied to me." I said through gritted teeth.

"What did I lie to you about?" He asked calmly.

"You said that all my troubles would go away when I moved here." I slightly looked up from the floor to glare up at him.

"I did not promise that. I suggested that it might go away." He scribbled some more. "Are you taking your pills?"

"I ran out." It was true. But not in using-them-all way. You see, I was in the bathroom brushing my hair when I saw the pill bottle about to drop in the sink. So when I reached to grab them, I only made it worse. I knocked over the bottle and it all kinda went down the drain . . . And with my fathers death, my mom never had the time or patience to call in a new prescription.

"Why didn't you call me to get you a prescription?" He rose his voice a bit. When he's angry, he is well, intimidating; with his bald yet shiny head, and his black suit. Ehwh. Just gives you the shivers.

I shrugged, not knowing what to say.

"I am going to get you a prescription. And after a week of taking them, please call me. And was there anything else you wanted to talk about? Personal issues? Family issues? Significant-other issues?" He calmed his voice.

"No. But can you make the thoughts go away?" I asked slightly shy.

"I'm sorry. There is nothing I can do to make them go away but use words."

"Aren't you supposed to be a doctor?" I added some sass.

"Yes. If you want I can schedule a meeting some other time," he raised his arm and brought it back down and looked at his watch. "I have another scheduled appointment in three minutes."

"Ok doc." I always liked saying that. "When will the prescription come in?"

"In about, two days or so. So it should give you just the weekend to deal with the thoughts and pain."

I nodded and stood up. He gestured for me to walk out in front of him. I took his generous offer and started walking.

***

"Ugh. Finally! The torture will end!" I yelled opening the prescription bottle and took my dosage. They were pills for bipolar. I was diagnosed when I was just turning a teenager.

"Feel better?" My mom asked me over the counter eating her eggs for breakfast.

"Well its gonna take a while for the pills to kick in. Duh!" I did a hair flip.

She chuckled. "Get your butt ready for school. Your gonna be late." She shooed me up the stairs.

***

"Hey!" Jesse called out to me.

"Hi!" I called out, very high pitched might I add.

He winced holding his hands to his ears. "Not all of us wanna go deaf." He let go of his ears.

"Sure you do." He chuckled.

"Some ones feeling chipper." He exclaimed.

"I'm not a bird. Does it look like I have wings? Oh wait I take that back. I almost forgot that I'm an angel." I fluttered my eyelashes.

"That was a horrible comeback." He chuckled again. Is that all he does?

"Well at least I don't get mine from my mom." I shot back. "Ohhh! I'm gonna need some ice for that burn!" I yelled out.