16. Buddies and Buttercup

~Lexi's POV~

"How can you make out with someone one minute, and kiss another the next?" Malory threw her hands in the air.

"Are you implying that I'm a whore?" I raised my eyebrows.

"You know that's not what I mean." She sat down on her bed.

"I know. But if you'd met him, you would understand." I remembered back to yesterday when Max took me out for frozen yogurt. A smile grew on my lips and I stared into space.

"Ya, I wish I did." She smirked looking at my facial expression. I snapped out of my daze when there was a knock on her bedroom door.

"No ones home, please a message after the beep. Beep!" She yelled to the door. I chuckled upon hearing that.

"C'mon, its Ian." A banging at the door is what made Malory get up and open the door.

"What do you want?" Malory said impatiently. He huffed.

"Can I speak with you? In private?" He gestured his head for her to come out of the bedroom.

She looked at me as if asking if it was ok if she stepped out for a moment. I nodded my head giving her a quick smile. She stepped out and closed to the door behind her. After a couple of minutes, I started to hear shouting. They sounded like they were arguing.

She finally came back in the room, her face beat red and her hands in fists. "What's wrong?" I asked. She sat down on her bead and took a breath.

"Just my brother. He just gets on my nerves." She gave me a quick glance. "He wanted me to give him money so he could go out and get some beer with his buddies."

"Doesn't he have his own money?" I moved closer to her and rubbed circled on her back with my hand, trying to calm her down.

"He probably spent it all on his buddies at the bar." She rolled her eyes and visibility relaxing her shoulders.

"Did you give it to him?"

"No! I'm not his bank! He can go act all innocent on mom. She'll crack for her special baby boy." She rolled her eyes again.

After a while we had lunch at her house. It was a bit awkward because I've never met her parents before.

"So you just moved here from North Carolina?" Her mother asked me sipping her coffee at the table.

"Ya."

"I've seen many wonderful things there. I use to have a beach house there. But we sold it because I was pregnant with Malory and decided that we should settle down and buy a ranch instead." She finished smiling. I looked out the kitchen window to see a couple of horses running around in their fence.

"Its a lovely ranch. I've always liked horses. I have never ridden one before but people tell me that its amazing." I said looking back at Malory's mother.

She smiled and looked at her husband. "Should we?" She asked him.

"I don't see why not." He replied and looked at me. "Would you like to ride buttercup?"

"Sure." I slowly stood up and followed Malory's parents outside and towards the barn. Malory followed close behind.

"This, is buttercup. She nice so you don't have to worry about being bucked off." Malory's mother hitched a halter on a tan horse with a milkish mane.

"Ok, thank you." I set my full attention on the horse. "How do I get on?"

"I'll show you." Malory said excitingly. She hopped up setting one foot on the 'peddle thing', and swung one foot around the horse and sat on its back. "Like that."

It was a lot harder than it looked. First, when I went to step on the 'peddle', I missed and I stepped in horse crap. And when I went to swing my leg across the horse, I accidentally kicked the horse and it started to run. I was still on the horse.

"Help!" I yelled. I was holding onto the Handel on the saddle, and my foot got stuck in the 'peddle'. 'Not my day'. My eyes were stinging from the air hitting them directly. I closed my eyes fearing that I could die in this moment.

The horse went to a full stop. My first thought was, 'I'm dead'. But I could still feel my foot hurting from being stuck in the 'peddle' –and not to mention, it was my bad foot.

I was quickly pulled off the horse by strong arms. I was laid on the ground on my back. My breathing caught up to normal, but still feared to open my eyes. "Lexi. Are you ok? Its Dave, your safe now. Buttercup was just spooked." The man said, I recognized his voice as Malory's dad.

I slowly opened my eyes to see Dave, Malory and her mom surrounding me. Malory was trying to hole back a laugh and Malory's mom looked worried.

My foot started to sting even more as Dave tried to help me to my feet. "Lexi, are you ok?" Malory asked grabbing my back.

My foot felt like it had needles poking in it. I nodded my head trying to reassure her that I was fine. She shook her head. "No your not. Its your foot isn't it?" I gave her a worryingly look then nodded my head.

"C'mon let's get you inside." Malory and her dad helped me into the house. They set me down on the couch in the living room, and started inspecting my left foot.

"It looks sprained." Dave said. 'Duh'

"Dad, it was sprained in the first place." Malory pitched in.

"Well, I think that being swung around by Buttercup made it worse. I'm taking you to the hospital."

Uh not again.

A/N
I know that this chapter is short but its just a filler. Hoped that you liked it! Please vote, comment, share and give constructive criticism. Thanks for reading, love you all, bbyyee!! ♥∞ peace!!