35. Always There

~Lexi's P.O.V~

While most girls hide in their rooms, cry, eat ice cream, and watch sad movies over a guy- I work out.

I'm not much for drowning my self in pity, and crying pointlessly. I like to take it out in anger. And I don't stop until I can't feel my legs anymore.

I was on my treadmill, that was reserved special for me, when someone hit the button to stop the machine.

I slowly came to a stop, and looked to my left to find a stressed looking Jesse.

I stepped off the machine and grabbed my towel and water bottle. "What do you want?" I asked, bitterness escaping my mouth.

"I'm scared. I haven't seen him and I am worried." He rambled on. "He could be anywhere. Have you seen him?"

"Hey, slow down. What's going on?" I raised my hand to stop him. He sat down on one of the benches, I followed him.

"When I came home with pizza, I called for Ethen to get some food. And you know him, he never misses out on a chance to eat." He paused, "but when I called he never answered or came. I searched the whole house and no sign of him. But I came across a goodbye note from Ethen saying that he was gonna kill himself. And I can't find him anywhere. I looked outside, Inside, but I did find some blood drops in the road. I can't tell if they're human or animal, but I'm scared." Jesse admitted.

My jaw dropped, I can't believe he would do that. It felt like someone just tore out my heart and was squishing it. My palms started to sweat, my heart rate started to speed up.

Even though I kinda shut him out, I still cared deeply for him. I can't stand the thought of something happening to him. It sent shivers up and down my spine, with the thought of him being gone. "T-Then why are we s-still here? C-Call the cops!" I yelled, feeling the hot tears stride down my cheeks.

He nodded and lead me out into his car. We drove around town searching for him, we called the cops, they said that they would file a missing persons report. We thanked them and kept searching.

As more tears rolled down my face, I stared out of the window thinking of all the worst case scenarios. He could be dead, was the biggest fear in my head.

Jesse noticed the state that I am in, and parked the car on the side on the road. He unbuckled, and took my hand in his, forcing me to look at him. Immediately I broke. When I looked into his light brown eyes, I started sobbing into his arm. Cluching him for dear life.

I may be wrong, but I swear I heard him sob a bit, but I understand. Ethen is his best friend.

Both of our phones bleeped, noting that we had a text alert from an emergency number. Our phones rang.

We let go of each other, wiped away our tears, and answered.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello, is this Luna L. Jacobs?" A female voice said.

"Yes." I rolled my blood shot eyes when she said my full name.

"This is the hospital informing you that Ethen G. Wolfe is currently in for arm injuries, and you were on his emergency contacts, so we are intitled to Inform you of what's happening here. But you might want to come down here."

I accepted it, and hung up.

I looked at Jesse, he just hung up his phone call and looked at me with a smile.

He both started laughing/crying. "Okay, enough. Let's get to the hospital." I looked at him at he started driving again.

"And step on it."