21. The Curse

~Lexi's POV~

"Father?" Ethen asked shocked.

"Ya son, its me." He opened his arms for a hug.

Cody started walking closer. "Don't touch me." Ethen said through gritted teeth.

"Why not? I'm your dad." He walked closer to Ethen but he stepped back, causing me to stumble backwards. I caught my balance.

"You're not my dad. Did you take me out to play baseball? Were you here when I broke my arm? Were you here to give advise on how to shave?" Ethen took a step closer with each sentence. "You don't deserve that kind of title. I don't even thing that you even deserve 'father'! You were never there for me then, now and never will be. All because your too big of a coward to show up and actually care. Do you know how many times I had to explain to people that you were just on a business trip? A lot. And do you know how many times mom had cried over you? You don't deserve that kind of a title. You don't deserve to be in my life. You don't deserve to be even alive. But since I actually care about people, I won't go to jail for manslaughter."

Cody was wide eyed, he didn't speak. He backed up with every step Ethen took. But how much scared he looked then, anger covers it all up.

"Since when did you start to care? Are you even my son?" He asked.

"I wish I wasn't. But since you left us to rot, I've started to care for the people that I love." Ethen said.

"You don't love anybody." He protested. "Name two people."

"Mom and Bianca." Ethen bit.

"Who's Bianca? Are you sure your my son, or are you just fibbing me?" Cody asked.

"My cousin. Wish I wasn't. And no."  Ethen stood in front of me again.

"Who's this fine young lady?" Cody gestured to me.

"None of your business!" Ethen yelled.

"Is this Bianca?" Ethen twitched.

"Maybe she is. Maybe she isn't." Ethen was trying to protect me.

"Is your name Bianca?" He asked me.

I looked down. "Yes." I answered and Ethen looked back at me with worry and haterid in his eyes.

"So Bianca, do you love Ethen here?"

"Yes. But I don't see why you would care." I told the truth, even if he doesn't know it.

Ethen smirked and I looked back at Cody. He clenched his fists and walked out. We herd the door slam and then a car sped away.

"Why did he ask all those questions like, 'are you really my son?'" I asked and Ethen turned to look at me and sat down on his bed.

He ran his hands through his hair. Patted the spot in the bed next to him and I walked over and sat down.

"Can I trust you?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"Have I given you any reason not to?"

He blew out air from his cheeks. "Its passed down from the Wolfe generation onto the next. The first born boy will be affected by it a-"

"What is?" I interrupted.

"Huhh, a curse." He looked away.

"What curse?"

"I was gonna explain but you interrupted me." He spat and I shut my mouth.

”The first born boy is cursed with a lonely heart." He looked at me quick to see my reaction. I kept my face emotionless.