29. All Eye's On Us

~Ethen's P.O.V~

"Ready?" I asked.

Lexi let out a breath, "ya,"

I got out of my truck door and went over and opened up her door. She stepped out and closed it behind her.

I looked over her face asking if she was sure that she was okay. She nodded and looked at the school doors.

We started walking to the doors when I grabbed her hand and interlocked our fingers. She glanced down at our hands and smiled, which was contagious because I started smiling.

We walked into the school and all eyes were on us. Lexi squirmed under their glares.

"Everyone's looking." She whispered.

"Not that one -oh wait, never mind."

We continued to walk to our lockers where everyone always met up before first period. When we got there, they were all staring at us, then our hands.

"You owe me twenty bucks." Malory more or less whispered to Austin. He glared at her.

Lexi gave Malory and Austin sour looks, while I just chuckled. "You two bet on us hooking up?"

"They did, not me." Jesse put his hands up and pointed to Malory and Austin.

Lexi glared at them again, let go of my hand to open up her locker and grabbed her books.

"What's your first period?" I asked her and leaned against the locker next to her.

"You don't even know her schedule?" Malory scoffed, "you two are horrible at being a couple."

"Your a horrible friend." I bit back, feeling annoyed.

"Shut up." I chuckled.

"Calculus." Lexi told me.

I nodded and wrapped my arms around her waist. She leaned back into me, making my body tingle. Her shoulder blade was right on my fast paced heart.

"See you third period." I whispered in her ear, sending a shiver down her spine, as she shivered.

She smiled and whispered back, "okay."

"Will you two get a room?" Malory yelled to us.

"Oh please, I've seen you and Jesse going at it when you think no one is looking." Lexi gave Malory a sour look.

Her face turned red from embarrassment. I smiled when Jesse turned away and could see a slight pink on his cheeks.

"Touché." Malory said and walked away with Jesse right behind her.

"Nothing like fifth Wheeling it." Austin stated sarcastically.

We all smiled and I let go of Lexi and said our good byes. Then headed to first period.

***

~Lexi's P.O.V~

Other than 3 girls calling me a slut, 2 guys that whistled, and everyone's eves on me, it been a pretty good day.

I can handle mean girls, and perverted guys, but what I can't handle, is everyone's eyes on me. Its like I'm the face on everyone's dartboard.

"Hey, you okay?" Malory asked, placing a hand over mine.

Everybody stopped eating their lunch and looked at me. Like I didn't have enough eyes on me already.

"Ya, just thinking."

She nodded and continued talking to the others. Ethen looked at me with worry and whispered, " what's wrong?"

I sighed, "why is everyone's eyes on me?" I whispered back.