18. Almost

~Ethen's POV~

When we snuck out of the hospital, we ended up going to her house.

"How's your foot?" I asked when I opened her front door for her.

"Its ok, now. Just when I was being dragged by the horse, it twisted it and it hurt really bad. But after some rest and sleep, it feels better." She exclaimed walking in the door.

"Good. I feel really bad about making you hurt it in the first place. Sorry." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"And they call you the bad boy?" She laughed.

I smirked. "But it wasn't your fault. It was mine. I was the one that wanted to do that trick that I wasn't ready for. I should have thought it through." She sat down on the couch.

I sat down next to her and she turned on the TV. "Hey, do you know who won the Superbowl this year?" She asked flipping through channels.

"Ya the Broncos did." I nodded my head remembering the awesome play on Sunday.

"Oh. I really didn't mind who won. They were both pretty decent teams." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Me too." I got up to go grab a drink, "hey Lex, where are your drinks?" I asked looking through the fridge.

"In the fridge." She said not looking at me. She had stopped on a football channel.

"Think again. There isn't anything to drink in here. Not even milk." I straightened my back from its slouched position.

She turned to me and started to get up. She used the coffee table to help her stand on her right foot. She limped over to the fridge and looked through it. "Huh. Wanna go shopping?" Her face lit up.

I chuckled. "Fine, but your gonna have to go around on those crutches. I'm not letting you limp through the stores and I'm not carrying you."

She sighed. "Please. I'm not that heavy." She pouted and slouched her shoulders.

"Nope." I popped the 'p', and crossed my arms over my chest. She huffed and limped closer.

"Please?" She pouted.

"Fine. But your gonna have to catch me first!" I started running for behind the sofa. She hopped her way into the living room where I was. She grunted when I quickly hopped over the couch and back into the kitchen to stand behind the island.

"That's not fair, you play on he football team, and I'm only on one foot here. I'm at a disadvantage!" She yelled.

"So. Grab your crutches and then we can go shopping." I placed my hands on the counter behind me and raised my eyebrows playfully. I saw her bite the inside of her cheek and then she started hopping towards me.

I tried to run away, but she was actually quicker than I thought. As I was trying to run away, she latched her arms around my neck. As we plummeted to the floor, I had managed to turn my body so that I would land on my back and Lexi would safely land on my stomach.

"Uoof!" Lexi was a lot lighter when I'm lifting her up.

I grunted as she tried to maneuver to get up. After about a couple minutes, she finally gave up and turned to face me. She was really close. Our noses could almost touch.

"Caught you." She started bursting out laughing. And I soon joined in.

She sat up so she was sitting on my torso. She still had a smile on her face, I couldn't tell what she was thinking but I could feel the awkwardness just surrounding our little bubble. She started leaning in, looking at my eyes and lips. She was soon hovering over my face, her breath fanned my lips.

"I can't." I turned my face away so she couldn't kiss me. I didn't want to give her hopes up, kissing her means that she will want a commitment. I don't do commitments. Not with my curse. It will only hurt both of us in the end. And I cant have that.

She slowly lifted up her body so that she was still sitting on me. She tried to get up, like I said; tried.

I lifted her up and sat up and started to stand up and gently placed her on her good foot. "I should go." Was all that I said before walking out the door( with out looking at her )and getting in my truck and started driving home.

***
~Lexi's POV~

Wow, aren't I just a bundle of joy wrapped in bubble wrap, covered with awesome sauce, and layered in perfectness, sprinkled with some popular-ness, and then shiskibobed with a dagger made of haterid, bitterness, regret, and lonelyness.

What was I thinking? Why did I try to kiss him? Why did he turn away? Was I acting like a whore? Kissing one guy, and kissing one the next. Yep, I'm some psycho freak that just got out of the nutt house and started going on a murder spree, and there are only two victims, and they just won't die. Ok so maybe I'm being a little over dramatic. But really. What am I doing? I came to this school to escape this embarrassment.

How did it follow me here? Or am I cursed? Oh, curses smirshes! There's no such thing as curses.

I came to this school to get away from all of the hate full people. The ones who make your life a living hell. The ones who have nothing better to do than to ruin every second of your miserable life.

Everything was suppose to change. He promised! He told me that my problems would go away if I changed my environment. Why did he lie to me?!

I need to speak with him. I'm gonna call him.

"Hello, Dr. West? Hi, I need to speak to you about something."

A/N
I know that it was short but I didn't really know what else to write, yet. It just came to me as I was writing.
So, who do you think that Dr. West is? Tell me in the comments.
Hopped you liked please vote comment and all that jazz.