37. Next Level

~Lexi's P.O.V~

"Ready?" I ask.

"No." Malory answers.

"On three." I grabbed the envelope and put it in Malory hand.

"One." She grabbed the letter opener. "Two." She sliced open the envelope. "Three." She grabbed the paper inside and slowly opened it.

She skimmed through, and a wide smile broke out on her face, "I got in!" She yelled and jumped on me.

I smiled and held her up with all the strength I had. "I'm so happy for you!"

She hopped of me and jumped around the house with excitement. "I got into NYU!" She sing-songed.

"When are you gonna get your letter?" She asked me, sitting down at her kitchen table.

"I'm sure that it come in soon." I lied.

Truth is, I have no idea where I want to go. I don't know what I want to do with my life. I have no real plan. Malory is going to NYU, Jesse is also going to NYU to be with Malory. So sweet. Austin I think is going on this thing, where he goes around the world. Ethen, he's going for a football scholarship. And me, nothing.

I've been telling people that I'm going to NYU, but I so sick of not being able to know what I want to do in life. I want to be able to know if I want to be a cook, a vet, or even a teacher. When I try to picture where I'll be in 5 years, nothing.

When family members ask me what I wanna be when I grow up, I say, 'alive.'

"I'm gonna go home, and finish my college stuff." I say heading to the door.

"Okay, but are we still on for tomorrow?" She asked about our 'lunch date'.

"Ya of course, ask long as there is food involved." She smiled at me.

"Duh." She laughed.

I smiled and opened the door to head to my truck. I opened the car door, and headed home.

*

"Hey mom, where's Ben?" I ask my mom as I walked through the door.

"He's upstairs in his room." She said, not even looking at me, she continued to chop up some food.

I rolled my eyes and headed up the stairs to Ben's room. I knocked on his door, "password?" He yelled.

He's so immature. "Humping lizards!" I yelled back.

"Come in!" He yelled.

I opened the door and saw him half on his bed. He was laying on his bed, with his legs resting on the walls, and his upper half on the bed.

I jumped on the bed, and mimicked what he was doing. "What's up?" He asked.

"Just a little stressed." I huffed.

"Aren't we all." He scoffed. "What's it this time?"

"College."

He chuckled, "Luna Jacobs is afraid of college?"

I clenched my teeth, "please dont. And no, I'm not scared of college. College should fear me!" I smiled.

He chuckled again, "All hail queen Luna." He motioned up and down with his hands, bowing before me.

"I think your asking to have your head chopped off." I slide my finger across my neck.

"Wouldn't dream of it your magisty." He gasped.

"Keep calling me Luna, and you will be sentenced to death!" I shouted.

"Why do you hate it so much?" He put on a serious face for a moment, "Oh I mean, your magisty." He extinguished the seriousness in his tone, and smiled.