Chapter 16

Victoria's P.O.V.

I let James inside and hugged him.

"What are you doing back?" I ask.

"What are you not happy to see your brother?" He questioned.

James is my older brother, he is in university but across the country so he saves himself time and doesn't come home often.

"But to answer your question, I haven't seen you guys in a while I thought I would come home for a bit." He explained.

I nodded. As happy as I am to see my bother I can't help but be sad after everything that's been happening. 

"Now, tell me why you're upset. I can tell something is going on." He says.

"I'm not." I lie.

"Yes you are, I can tell. Now tell me." He demands, as he goes to sit down on the sofa.

My brother is really overprotective of me. He's always been this way, and as much as I appreciate it, it can get annoying.

"It's okay James, it's not a big deal." I tell him.

"If you don't tell me I'll call Luke he always knows everything about you." He says.

I groan, falling back onto the sofa next to him. 

"What's that about?" He questions.

Sighing, I turn towards him, "I'll tell you..."

I tell him about how Tyler was acting, I tell him about Luke and Tyler's fight, then Luke's confession speech, what happened in the room then how he told me to leave, how Michael helped me with it all, my break up with Tyler, talking to Luke, what Tyler's done and what happened today.

"Shit, Vic. What the fuck?" 

"I know." I reply, trying to hold back a frown. 

The doorbell rings and James stands up to go answer it. 

"It's probably Luke, can you please just tell him to leave." I tell him, before he gets to the door. 

He nods and goes to the door.

I could see them and sure enough it was Luke.

"Luke, she's not in the mood to talk right now.." James said.

"I need to speak with her." He sounded so sad.

Looking up, out eyes meet. I quickly look back down at my lap, not realizing he would've seen me looking at him.

"She'll call you when she's ready." My brother replies.

I could feel Luke staring at me, "But-"

"Luke you should go." James interrupts.

He sighs and turns away, heading back home. James closes the door and comes back over to me.

"What's up with him?" He asks.

"Probably just wants to talk about what's going on. Either the fight he had with Tyler or something else has happened." I reply.

James nods, "I'll be in my room, if nobody's messed with it."

"Nobody did." I giggled.

My phone buzzed from the table and I grabbed it. Luke texted me.

'Vic this is really important, I need to talk to you'

I gave in, 'I'll be at your place in a few'

I got up and shouted at James I'd be back soon. Quickly I walk down the street and knock on Luke's door. Taking a deep breath, I try to calm down, since I have no idea why Luke is acting like this.

"Hey." He sadly smiles.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

His mum came around the corner and watched us. Luke turned and saw her.

"Come upstairs." He says and I follow as he heads up.

"Okay first I just want to say my fight with Tyler this morning wasn't in my plans, I didn't mean for it to happen." He started.

"It's okay Luke. I understand." I smile.

"There's something else.." He said slowly.

"Well what is it?" I ask.

"Well our new management people or whatever called us and asked us to go in to prepare and start recording out first single.." He starts.

"And what's bad about that its great!" I smile.

"They want us to start tomorrow." He sighs.

"But there's school until Thursday." I say.

"Exactly, I'm done school for the year." He replies. "So are the guys."

"Oh." Is all I manage to get out. 

If Luke was gone it would be easier to deal with everything going on so I won't have the urge to talk to him. But Michael and Calum too?

"If you really want us to stay until the end, we decided we would tell them we would only start until school is over." He tells me.

"No. I will not hold you guys back from this. This is what you've been waiting for." I smiled.

He pulls me into a hug, not letting me go. I smile, holding onto Luke tightly. I'm so proud of him and the guys. Even though I have no idea how I'll survive the last few days of school without them, there's no way I ever want to hold the band back.

We pull apart, and I just look up at him, feeling so overwhelmed with happiness.

Although I've been somewhat all over the place on the situation with Luke, this feeling I have with him right now feels so right. Though I still feel like I have a lot to think about with Luke, and I'm not ready to go around announcing that he's my boyfriend... I think it might be time to really give this a try. Dating him and seeing what happens seems best, I'm just not ready to be officially together. I know now that I do have feelings, I know they're there. I just hope that no matter what happens, we'll always be friends. 

"Can we maybe talk?" I ask, sitting on his bed. 

"Yeah, what's up?" He questions. 

"I want to talk about us. If that's okay?" 

He looks at me, "Uh, yeah." 

"I really want to try this out. Us, being together." I tell him, nervous of his reaction. 

"What?" 

"I really like you, Luke. I want to try this. I know I said I wasn't sure if I was ready, but I don't know if I'll ever be ready to risk our friendship. This feels right because, I really like you, Luke. Only if you want to." I tell him.

There's a huge smile across his face, before he quickly cups my face and presses his lips to mine. I smile through the kiss, giggling as I pull away. 

"I know you're not there yet, but I love you. I so want this." He replies, still smiling. 

I smile, "I'm really happy. I mean, there's a lot of stuff going on that's not so good, but this is what's keeping me happy." 

"Wow, now I have to tell the guys that we're recording this week and we're dating now. Today has gotten a lot better." 

-------------------------------------------

Yaayyy

Vote and Comment :)