4:37 AM

"..."

"Farah?"

"...Yes?"

"I need to...let some stuff out."

"...I'm not fully awake but go ahead, Bobby. Speak."

"..."

"..."

"I just don't know what to do Farah. Just before I finished high school, my mom got diagnosed with lung cancer. She's trying to fight but there's no improvement. Everything is just thrown on me because I'm the oldest, but it's hard. What am I supposed to do when I leave college? Who's going to take care of my family now? My dad's dead, if you were wondering. Died in a car accident when I was nine. Everything went downhill from there. My mom started drinking and smoking. Had Charlie by accident, too, while everything was falling apart for her and she didn't want to come home some nights. I love Charlie though, don't get me wrong. But I'm going to let him believe we have the same dad, instead of.. you know. The truth. I just looked at her. Like a stupid piece of shit. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING FUCKING RIGHT FARAH."

"..."

"And to make it worse, I got my college letters back. I...everyone wants me but I haven't opened Harvard yet. I...I've been thinking about not going to college so I can't still take care of my family."

"..."

"...And you're snoring. Just great."

"..."

"Didn't you out of all people wanted me to open up to you? But you're half dead when I do it."

"..."

"...Okay, that was a bad example. I'm sorry."

"...It's okay, Bobby."

"Donald?!"

"Donald's alive. Yes. Just messing with you, buddy."

"..."

"You're too hard on yourself, Bobby. You calm my anger so I'll calm yours, okay? Or... we can be partners and crime and ruin the world. Second one sounds way more fun, personally. But, just breathe Chance. You're the smartest kid I've ever known. You do everything right because you're Chance. Now, believe in yourself just as much as I believe in you. All of the colleges want you! Just open up the last envelope. Harvard wants you, Chance! Hell, Harvard needs you!"

"..."

"My throat is starting to hurt. Shit. Never talked so much in my life. But let's ignore that. Your mom is fine, Chance. She'll get better, okay? Women are strong. I should know. She's fighting for her family. You. Now, just wait it out and everything will be fine."

"...I needed that. Thank you."

"I need water. Dear god, my throat is crying in agony. But, you're welcome, Bobby."

"...I guess I couldn't tell you about myself -"

"Because you didn't trust me? I understand, Bobby. I'm sure you don't...really trust me now either but since we've talked so frequently, what's there to lose?"

"You're...right. Thank you for listening."

"No problemo, Bobby. Now, Farah needs sleep."