How Very Touching.

-----------------> There is a picture of Allie's ring (: 

---------------

Every girl within a 10-mile radius was buzzing. We had all just found out about the Yule ball and no matter where you went, you could bet on overhearing a conversation about dresses or dates. Me on the other hand? I was worried. I knew Draco and I wouldn't be going alone, but we sure wouldn't be going together either. I was sure that this whole situation would cause a fight.

Nevertheless, I was excited. I finally had an excuse to put on a dress and feel pretty. The question was, who would I go with?

I didn't have to wait long for the answer to that question. Later that night in the common room, George Weasley sat next to me on the couch as I was reading.

 "So," he began, a lazy smile on his face, "you have a date for the ball yet?"

 "Nope. Not yet," I replied, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Well, how's about we go together?" His rashness surprised me. I wished I could be as confident as him.

"You don't beat around the bush do you?"

"What's the point?" He smiled.

I pondered it for a moment, biting the inside of my cheek. Was it worth it? Draco would definitely get mad, but he would get mad no matter who it was. I was determined not to go alone. 

"Yeah, sure," I said, attempting to match George's careless tone and failing miserably.

"See you then." He said getting up, giving me a smile. 

That night when I met Draco, I came clean. "I have something I need to tell you," I said quietly. I squeezed my hands into fists subconsciously, preparing for whatever was coming.

"What is it?" he asked with obviously no idea of what was coming.

"Well, you know how the Yule ball is coming up?" He nodded. "I'm giving you permission to take someone else...because it's not like we can go with each other. And I really don't want to go by myself," I said.

"Okay...so you want me to ask someone else to the ball?" he asked suspiciously.

"Exactly. Oh, and by the way I'vealreadyfoundadate," I said so quickly it became one word.

"What?" Draco said, surprised.

"Yeah...um, George Weasley asked me earlier and I said yes," I said carefully.

The muscle in his jaw flexed and I knew he was grinding his teeth. "Okay. I guess I'll ask Pansy. Do you have a problem with that?" I knew he was trying to push me. And it was working.

"Of course not," I lied.

So this was how it was going to be. He hated the Weasleys, so he chose someone I hated equally, Pansy freakin' Parkinson. Total bitch and totally in love with Draco. 

When I would meet Draco the following days leading up to the ball, it didn't feel the same. Despite our best efforts to ignore it and act normally, things were off. Finally, I decided to speak up.

"Okay, let's stop pretending that we are okay with this! I hate Pansy and you hate George! I'd like to set some ground rules," I said, my hand, who apparently had a mind of it's own, waving around wildly.

"Okay, like what?"

"Hands above the waist at all times. No touching unless you're dancing--I don't want you contaminated. And I'd like to meet during the dance sometime," I said, holding up a finger for each one.