I Will Do Whatever I Want!

I was sitting on an uncomfortable bed in the hospital wing when Emmy ran in with tear streaks on her distraught looking face. I had been in the hospital wing for over an hour at this point so I had no idea what had happened. Yesterday I started feeling kind of sick and today when I woke up I could hardly move because I felt so bad. Turns out I had the flu and after giving me some potion, Madam Pomfrey ordered me to rest even though I was perfectly fine.

I would have asked Emmy what was wrong but that would have been unnecessary. As soon as she plopped down on the bed with her arms crossed, she dove into a long-winded explanation as to why she was upset. I would have never guessed the reason.

Emmy's POV Flashback

Where was that little git? I had been looking for Fred for what seemed like an hour already. He told me something was going down today. Actually, all he said was, 'Something's going to happen today, love. Just remember that I love you.' Who leaves someone hanging like that?

I was beyond pissed at this point so when I turned the corner to find him and George standing side by side and watching Umbridge's face get more and more pink, it pushed me over the edge. I was fuming by the time I was close enough to hear what was being said.

"So!" Umbridge yelled, "So....you think it amusing to turn a school corridor into a swamp, do you?"

"Pretty amusing, yeah," Fred said showing no ounce of fear. I wanted to be mad at him for hiding this from me but I couldn't help but smile as I watched him say that.

I watched as Filch approached Umbridge with a piece of parchment in his shaking hands. "I've got the form, Headmistress. I've got the form and I've got the whips waiting....Oh, let me do it now..."

"Very good, Argus," she said and then turned her gaze to Fred and George, "You two are about to learn what happens to wrongdoers in my school."

"You know what? I don't think we are," Fred said. He was looking so attractive right now. "George, I think we've outgrown full-time education." 

What? Outgrown full-time education? What the hell?

"Yeah, I've been feeling that way myself," George replied.

"Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?" asked Fred.

"Definately," George said.

What. The. Fuck. 

"What the hell?" I said aloud, trying to keep it a little more appropriate.

"Accio Brooms!" They yelled in unison. I could feel the heat rising in my face and my heart dropped to my feet. My Fred was leaving Hogwarts? He's leaving me?

Hot angry tears began to spill over onto my face. "We won't be seeing you," Fred told Umbridge.

"Yeah, don't bother to keep in touch," George announced as they both mounted their brooms.

"If anyone fancies buying a Portable Swamp, as demonstrated upstairs, come to number ninety-three, Diagon Alley -- Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. Our new premises!" Fred said in a loud voice.

"Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat," George said, pointing at Umbridge.

"STOP THEM!" Umbridge screamed. Fred and George were already fifteen feet above the crowd at this point though. I saw Fred look to Peeves then shout "Give her hell from us, Peeves."

That's it. They were leaving Hogwarts. I locked eyes with Fred for a few moments before he zoomed over to me to say, "I'll write as soon as I can. I'm sorry." Then he was off. 

Seriously?

Seriously.

I screamed out in aggrevation and stomped my feet with all the force I had. "Urgh! Get out of my way!" I yelled at the kids who were staring at the empty doors that Fred and George had just flown through.

I practically beat my way out of the crowd. I came across a kid carrying a load of books and found myself knocking them out of his grip. The kids from younger years stared at me in fear and ran the other direction. I was on a rampage and I didn't care who I hurt.

The tears were still steadily falling down my face when I reached some random professor who told me to stop screeching. I think he taught Arithmancy or something. "I will do whatever I want! Just get out of my damn way!" I yelled at him. He stared at me in utter shocked as I shoved past him.

I was surely getting detention for that one but I didn't really care. I knew that Allie was in the hospital wing so that is where I headed.

"They're gone?" I said in complete shock. I couldn't believe it. Fred and George weren't at Hogwarts anymore.

"Yes! That's what I said!" Emmy shrieked at me.

"Why are you yelling at me? I didn't even know about this!" I watched as her bottom lip quivered and her face scrunched up. She was hiding her pain with anger. 

I sat up and wrapped my arms around her tightly. She just need to cry it out. She held me tight and cried on my shoulder. "I can't believe he's gone. I can't believe he didn't tell me he was leaving!" she sobbed rather loudly. I was surprised Madam Pomfrey hadn't made an appearance to tell Emmy to leave.

All I could do was hug her and wait for her to stop crying which didn't seem like it would be anytime soon. I didn't like to see my friend in pain, I wished I could take it away but I didn't have that power. I mentally cursed Fred for doing this to one of my best friends. The least he could have done was tell her.

After a few minutes, Emmy pulled back and looked at me. Her eyes were bloodshot and her face was blotchy. "He was the only guy I ever loved." The look on her face broke my heart.

"Emmy, that isn't going to change just because he's not at Hogwarts anymore. He said he would write, and summer holidays are really close. You'll see him soon enough," I said, trying to cheer her up. 

Unfortunately, my words seemed to have no effect on Emmy's attitude. She was just as sullen as before. She stared off into the distance with a blank expression on her face, as if she was void of any emotion.

"Mum is going to kill them!" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned to find Ginny walking into the hospital wing swiftly. She hugged Emmy hard and then looked her right in the eye. "He loves you, you know. That's why he didn't tell you before hand. He didn't want to see you in pain."

"Yeah, well, he doesn't have to see me in pain, does he? No, because he left before he could!" Her temper was slowly rising again. "I swear, when I see that boy again, he is dead meat." She got up and stalked off to who knows where.

"She is not happy," Ginny said, staring in the direction Emmy had just gone.

"She's heartbroken actually. She acts like she's angry but I can tell that she is just sad. Poor girl. Fred is a right git for not telling her!"

"I know. I told him to tell her but he said he couldn't do it. Bit of a coward, really," she said with a laugh. "It'll sure be quiet without them."

"It really will." I sighed. I would miss them.