Animal Instinct?

It had only been a few weeks since the night I told Draco about my past and I already had a new best friend, Ginny Weasley. I had told her everything there was to know about my life (minus Draco) and she told me about her's. We got along perfectly, she was the Mac to my cheese, you know? She even invited me to come stay with her this summer and obviously I accepted. I even considered telling her about Draco, but since I didn't know how she would react, I gave her a hypothetical situation.

 "Okay, I have to ask you something," I said to Ginny. We were sitting alone on the most comfortable couch in the Common Room. Everyone always fought over this couch, so Ginny and I had to race Fred and George to it, but as they were on the other side of the room, we won easily. Now we were both lounging out on it so no one else could fit.

"What is it?" Ginny asked, staring at the ceiling, her arms sprawled out above her.

"Say there was a girl, Sue, and she was dating a boy, Jake, and she was completely in love with him. Sue was keeping Jake a secret from her friends because her friends absolutely despised him and Jake's family would despise her if they knew her," I said, also staring at the ceiling, but I saw Ginny sit up, suddenly interested, so I did as well.

"How serious is this hypothetical relationship?" Ginny asked, her brow furrowing, already started to think about it.

"Very. They are really in love. But Jake's always been quite mean to people because he puts up an angry front, but he treats Sue very good. Should Sue tell her friends? And if you were her friend would you be mad?" I asked propping my elbow up on the soft back of the couch, resting my head on my hand.

"I think she should tell her friends, honesty is the best policy. And I wouldn't have the right to be mad, I might disagree but it's not my life. As long as you're happy, I'm happy," Ginny said, a huge grin appearing on her face. My mouth fell, how could she tell that I was Sue? I thought I had been pretty good at covering it up. "So tell me, who are you so in love with." She smirked.

"What? Little old me?" I said in a southern-belle voice, making it super obvious, but I figured, hey! if she already knew, what's the point?

"How much more obvious can you get? I swear I won't tell anyone! And I won't get mad, I mean you're my best friend, as long as he treats you good, I'm happy," Ginny said, leaning in as if she was waiting for me to put my mouth up to her ear to whisper the name.

"Yeah, you say that now," I said.

"C'mon, just tell me!" Ginny squealed, she had been telling me since I met her that I needed to get a boyfriend, so we could double date with whatever boy she was dragging along at the time. Ginny always had her pick of boys.

"Okay but don't freak out and don't say it out loud." I looked around the room to make sure no one was in earshot. Fred and George had made due with a corner after they had lost the race for the couch, everyone else was spread out in the large area, some playing Wizard's Chess and some gossiping, even some people in the back kissing, but everyone was consumed with their own thing. I leaned in to her ear and cupped my mouth, so no one could read my lips if they were to look my direction. "Draco Malfoy," I whispered.

Ginny gaped and stared at me, her eyes wide with shock.

"How long?" she asked, still taken aback.

"About six months."

"Wow, pretty serious then. I can see why you've kept it a secret. Does he know...about your parents?"

"Yeah, I just told him a few weeks ago. He didn't even care."

"Wow that's surprising."

"I know! I really don't think he has a problem with muggle-borns. I think he just says horrible things because of his dad, everything goes back to his dad." I sighed. "You are literally the only soul I've told, but you don't know how good it feels to finally get it off my chest," I said, feeling the color flood back into my face that had left from nervousness.